PDA

View Full Version : Tri City Cycle

chadincolo
Fri Jun 8th, 2007, 07:46 AM
I've been trying to sell my CR500 and upgrade to a newer 250 MX bike. I'm in no hurry, the 500 runs great and does fine, just want something lighter with better suspension. So anyway, have an ad on craigslist saying for sale or partial trade towards a newer 250.

Salesman from Tri City emails, says they have a 98 CR250, little rough, that they would trade for. I call him, he talks to the sales manager, calls back and says they could probably come close to a straight across trade. Cool. I've never had any good luck at Tri City, any time I've been in there it's seemed they are proud of their bikes, if you aren't there to buy right then, at their price they have an attitude (if I could get a salesman to talk to me), but I figure heck, things change.

So I head up there yesterday (probably burn $60 of gas in the Suburban into the wind) and they look over my 500, I look over the 250. The 250 has some issues, a worn pivot bushing on the suspension linkage, and the rear slider is gone, chain eating the bracket, rip on the seat, dent in the pipe, but nothing major. Sales guy I have been talking to goes to the sales manager to see what the final deal is (I was ready to pay some difference, didn't figure straight across would happen). They need $700 difference! Say mine is $1000, they can't take less than 1699. I say ok, load my bike back up. I don't blame John (sales guy, nice guy) but the dang sales manager had to know there was no way we were going to get close to a deal if they NEED 1699...Once again, my opinion of Tri City Cycle hasn't changed, it's gone to crap since Dimick's sold it, especially since they moved to the new place! I won't be going back!

TT5.0
Fri Jun 8th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Yeah that place sucks. I walked around all day there looking at bikes and not one salesman would even help me. I guess I looked like a young kid with no money to them walking around in a rock concert T-shirt. Little do they know that I probably make more money than all of them working there. Oh well, too bad cause I went somewhere else and bought two brand new bikes. Their prices are rediculously high in general.

TurboGizzmo
Fri Jun 8th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Yeah that place sucks. I walked around all day there looking at bikes and not one salesman would even help me. I guess I looked like a young kid with no money to them walking around in a rock concert T-shirt. Little do they know that I probably make more money than all of them working there. Oh well, too bad cause I went somewhere else and bought two brand new bikes. Their prices are rediculously high in general.

Rob i have that problem everywhere i go :( (well besides the rock t-shirt part) ;)

McVaaahhh
Sat Jun 9th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I bought my first bike from Tri-City back in '98. Sucks to hear that they've gone to shit. :(

MrTucker
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 11:34 AM
I've never liked this place :(

Back in like 01 or 02 I went there with a buddy who wanted a bike. He found a gsxr he liked, so he had them draw up some papers. They wanted MSRP for a 2 year old bike with 3k miles on it. wtf right? It gets better. After about 2 hours of "I'll give you this, we can only take this, that's great but I'll give you this..." they finally agreed on a price (which was still outrages, IMHO). Once they were half way through getting the financing set up I looked out the window and what do I see? A different sales man loading up the same bike my buddy was in the middle of buying. They sold the bike out from under him for about $1000 less! Haven't been back since!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I've never liked this place :(

Back in like 01 or 02 I went there with a buddy who wanted a bike. He found a gsxr he liked, so he had them draw up some papers. They wanted MSRP for a 2 year old bike with 3k miles on it. wtf right? It gets better. After about 2 hours of "I'll give you this, we can only take this, that's great but I'll give you this..." they finally agreed on a price (which was still outrages, IMHO). Once they were half way through getting the financing set up I looked out the window and what do I see? A different sales man loading up the same bike my buddy was in the middle of buying. They sold the bike out from under him for about $1000 less! Haven't been back since!

K...that's f'd up right there.

MrTucker
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 11:41 AM
tell me about it...the best part was when the salesmen we were working with just chuckled and walked off...didn't even apologize

chadincolo
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I bought my first bike from Tri-City back in '98. Sucks to hear that they've gone to shit. :(

Like I said, back when Dimick's owned it, it was a nice little shop, (Where there is a mall now...) had some cheap bikes around, some newer bikes, could go in and talk/look...then whoever bought it, moved it to it's current place...and never had a good feeling going there.

tell me about it...the best part was when the salesmen we were working with just chuckled and walked off...didn't even apologize

Let me guess, the older guy with the goatie? I'm coming to believe they have their preferred customers who they take care of and they pay the bills, and then they try to screw everyone else they can...

I emailed the people at Tri City, told them about this thread...everyone should do the same, maybe then they might give a damn...ok, probably not, but at least let them know they are f'd up...

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Like I said, back when Dimick's owned it, <snip>

Let me guess, the older guy with the goatee? <snip>..

Dimick's were a fairly reputable bunch.

You mean this guy????

http://www.psndealer.com/dealersite/images/tricitycycle/dsc05226300.jpg

chadincolo
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Dimick's were a fairly reputable bunch.

You mean this guy????

Yeah, too bad Dimick's shop (opened after they sold Tri City) didn't make it. Their location probably had something to do with that, if you didn't know it was there you wouldn't have found it...

That's the guy.

TT5.0
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Everyone you know because you work there? Did you read the rest of the thread with the multiple bad experiences people have going there? I know that everytime I go there, I get nothing but looks of contempt from the sales staff. Lack of respect and rediculous prices.

leviathin
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 09:45 PM
i have had nothing but negative experiences with the tri city sales staff, but there parts dept is on the ball( short one guy that works back there, idiot), but all the other guys back there rock. its the complete opposite at fort collins motorsports.

i say go to fort collins motorsports to purchase the bike but go to tri city for the parts

krod
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Sorry to hear that. I have purchased 2 streetbikes, 2dirtbikes, a supermoto bike, a quad, a jet ski and a boat from tri city and had no problems. They always take care of me and I will buy from them again.:up: Jim

myyamahabluebyyou
Fri Jun 15th, 2007, 11:56 PM
I bought a bike there and it ended up to be a P.O.S.

They have treated me extremly well down at Rocky Mountian Kawasaki.

TriCityCycle
Sat Jun 16th, 2007, 10:55 AM
I have been the sales manager at Tri City Cycle for a year and a half, and I want to start by apologizing to chadincolo for the trouble you had at our shop. I was well aware of your deal, but unfortunately was misinformed by the salesperson regarding the year of your bike. I was told your CR500 was a 1998, not a 1989, and that obviously changed the deal. I hope you believe that we would never have had you drive all the way up for a deal we new we couldn't do, just to have you leave mad when you got here. Despite some of the comments in this thread, that is not how we do business. As a sales manager, I have to put much trust in my sales team, but unfortunately, it is impossible to always know exactly what a customer is told, or how they are being treated at our store. I encourage anyone that has a bad experience to contact us, either by calling me personally at 970-667-8697, or my direct email address sales@tricitycycle.com (sales@tricitycycle.com). Without feedback, any problems you might have can't get fixed. As for those of you that may have had a bad experienced at our store several years ago, I hope that you will come back in to see how things have changed for the better. I am proud to be a part of this organization, because honesty and customer service IS a top priority. We sell over 1500 motorcycles a years to many, many happy customers, and unfortunately a few bad experiences fall through the cracks. Again, please let us know, and we will do anything we can to make it right.

Joel Ellena
Tri City Cycle

dm_gsxr
Mon Jun 18th, 2007, 09:12 AM
You guys are doing a great job at making yourselves look like asses. No one even needs to argue the point because we all know that you guys with only a couple of posts are from Tri-City, and you are doing a great job at proving our point that Tri-City is full of jackasses. Bravo.

+1

I appreciate the comment from Joel. Problems do happen and a dealer can't respond if he doesn't know about it. Having 5 posts, defending Tri City and jumping on Fay Meyers certainly makes it seem like "It's Okay" is a friend of Tri City (maybe the old guy pictured earlier :) ).

Carl

chadincolo
Mon Jun 18th, 2007, 09:16 AM
I have been the sales manager at Tri City Cycle for a year and a half, and I want to start by apologizing to chadincolo for the trouble you had at our shop. I was well aware of your deal, but unfortunately was misinformed by the salesperson regarding the year of your bike. I was told your CR500 was a 1998, not a 1989, and that obviously changed the deal. I hope you believe that we would never have had you drive all the way up for a deal we new we couldn't do, just to have you leave mad when you got here. Despite some of the comments in this thread, that is not how we do business. As a sales manager, I have to put much trust in my sales team, but unfortunately, it is impossible to always know exactly what a customer is told, or how they are being treated at our store. I encourage anyone that has a bad experience to contact us, either by calling me personally at 970-667-8697, or my direct email address sales@tricitycycle.com (sales@tricitycycle.com). Without feedback, any problems you might have can't get fixed. As for those of you that may have had a bad experienced at our store several years ago, I hope that you will come back in to see how things have changed for the better. I am proud to be a part of this organization, because honesty and customer service IS a top priority. We sell over 1500 motorcycles a years to many, many happy customers, and unfortunately a few bad experiences fall through the cracks. Again, please let us know, and we will do anything we can to make it right.

Joel Ellena
Tri City Cycle

Ah, an 89 vs a 98 is a big deal on my CR500...I was asking $1300, figured if you had a 98 that was kind of beat it would be close to that value, I expected a bike needing some plastic, pipe, tires, maybe a piston replaced...thus close to value and what I was looking for. When I saw and started looking at the bike, I knew something was wrong...but if I had a 98 CR500 I would be WAY over $1600 asking price...

I know you guys sell a lot of bikes and have wanted to look at things several times driving by, but until I start hearing that the salesmen who work for you treat walk-ins better, can't say I will be impressed. John seemed nice enough, but about everybody I know who's been there (I don't hang out with the guys who buy 5 bikes, an ATV, a jet ski...) says the same thing, salemen don't seem to care if you have questions unless you are buying then and there.

I wish you luck in changing the attitudes and hopefully the perceptions most people here (and other people I've talked to) have.

rybo
Mon Jun 18th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Hey Joel,

Thanks for taking the time to sign up and post regarding our member's experience at your shop. I hope that they take the time to call you and you can sort the problem out.

Scott

Joel Ellena
Tri City Cycle

rybo
Mon Jun 18th, 2007, 11:05 AM
OK....deleted some posts from this thread as they didn't pertain anything to the TCC portion and seemed to be devolving into an argument between memeber regarding SAT scores. If your post was deleted it was either because it was one of these argumentative types of posts or it quoted one of them.

leviathin
Mon Jun 18th, 2007, 12:43 PM
my bad

MrTucker
Mon Jun 25th, 2007, 10:20 AM
...Let me guess, the older guy with the goatie?...

No, it was just some hot shot young guy. But that was like 4-5 years ago. Hopefully Joel has shaped things up. I know another guy from a different board that praises the snot out of TCC so I'm probably just bitter from the old management

noInsurance
Tue Jun 26th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I email them Yesterday about trading in a bike or having them sell one for me. I am looking to get a new one. No call back. I called them today about the same thing. He said they would call me right back. No call back. Good luck to them.

chadincolo
Thu Jun 28th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Just an update, I've been talking with Joel on email, we figured out where the problem was, and he is doing what he can to make me a customer. Heading up tomorrow, hopefully Joel is doing a good job of changing attitudes there, and I guess I'm going to keep them on the "I'll check there" list, and see if they move to the "check there first" list.

Slo
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Good luck with them.....glad to see that they are trying to do what they can. Let us know how it goes.

krod
Fri Jun 29th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Hey Joel I am in the market for a 2 choke bike around the 2000.00 range ya have any thing? Thanks bro:)

chadincolo
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:08 AM
We did the deal, Joel got it worked out, went up Friday afternoon and paid some cash and gave them the CR500, came home with a CR250. Now, to find a pipe and need to order a couple chain sliders... I'll be checking back there next time I am looking for something, see how it goes from there, hopefully Joel continues to work to get the sales staff in line to gain more customers, he did work to earn my business.