PDA

View Full Version : Total Control Class

Kendo
Fri Jun 8th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I just signed up for this, the class is June 22 (8am - 6pm):

http://www.totalcontroltraining.net/

It is a little expensive, but may be well worth it....If anyone else is going to this let me know....

dm_gsxr
Fri Jun 8th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I'm considering it. I have to talk Rita into letting me go though :)

Carl

Kendo
Mon Jun 18th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Anybody going else going to this?

All-Labout-me
Mon Jun 18th, 2007, 02:06 PM
The June 22nd class is full but there is a class on June 28th still open. I'm looking into it, but I want to use my race bike for the course vs. my road bike.
-Doug

Kendo
Mon Jun 18th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Very cool...

The class filled up fast.....

I will give you an update once I get through the class and let you know how it was..... =)

lightning126zp
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 06:21 AM
As soon aas we get back. I'm retaking another ERC (as a refresher and it's free), this course, and track classes...can't wait to get back. Heck we haven't even left yet. I wiish I had a fast forward button and just skip all that time and be back already.

Kendo
Tue Jun 26th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I just wanted to mention that this class was awesome !!!! Still taking it all in and gathering my thoughts.

We covered:
- Brake and Throttle transistion
- Vision Line
- Turning Point
- Body Position
- Cornering
- Suspension
- Cornering Transitions

Lee Parks was amazing, I like his teaching style and his knowledge about motorcycling. By the end of the course you could see everyone in the class riding at a new level and much better at cornering, I thought it was amazing. Some of us were dragging their knees under 20 mph.......!!

One of the cool things we did in the class was body positioning and preparing for a turn, what we did was while the bike was stationary the classmates and instructors held your bike up and Lee would walk through each step and get you into the correct body position and tell you to look through the turn and then drop the bike as if you were actually leaning through the turn......and then he would tell you to push on the outside grip and then they would all lift the bike back up.....we even did this with a GoldWing. This little excercise helped me understand and feel how the bike should lean.

The class is a little expensive but well worth it, we had some ERC instructors there and they even said that this class was awesome...

~ Kendo....

Kendo
Tue Jun 26th, 2007, 06:20 PM

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Jun 26th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Happy B-Day my man. Sounds like the class was good...does that mean you can ride without the tampons...errr...ear plugs now?

pilot
Wed Jun 27th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks Kendo (J)!

Yes, the class was great. I highly recommend it to everyone at CSC that is an experienced rider with at least a year or two under their belt. And Junichi, thank you for taking all of the photos at the instructor training. Happy B-day ichi ban o-nichan!

konichd
Wed Jun 27th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Are there any more classes schedule this summer? :dunno:

pilot
Wed Jun 27th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Are there any more classes schedule this summer? :dunno:Dave,
You bet! Go to the T3RG site and they will continue to update the training schedule there.

http://www.t3rg.com/

konichd
Wed Jun 27th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Thanks Pilot! Your looking pretty good in that pick so I better start catching up! :lol:

pilot
Wed Jun 27th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks Pilot! Your looking pretty good in that pick so I better start catching up! :lol:Thanks Dave! The pucks are pretty worn from 5 days of intense training. We trained in all kinds of weather from 100 heat degrees on Wednesday to the rain yesterday. There is a class tomorrow. I'm not sure if it has an opening. You (anyone else also) should give T3RG a ring and check. Sometimes folks have to drop out at the last minute.

PhotoMotard
Fri Jul 6th, 2007, 12:41 PM
This class looks great. Thanks for the recommendations. Time to put the money down.

Robb

cogsxr
Sun Jul 8th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I have taken the Illinois state class twice and was a great experiance. I think everyone should take some kind of class. Don't forget to give a copy of your class card to your insurance provider. They give discounts sometimes.