PDA

View Full Version : Clutch releasing a little too soon?

07gixxer750
Sun Jun 10th, 2007, 01:06 AM
As some of you know, I had a bit of a "gitoff" last weekend and now the clutch seems to be engaging a lot closer to the grip than it used to. My brother and I tried to adjust the lever and no luck. I went down on the left side if that helps. Any suggestions?

DYNO
Sun Jun 10th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Is it a hydraulic clutch? If so, bleed the line.

My bike was downed on the left side prior to purchase and I had similar clutch problems (in addition to needing new plates).

txrc51fatboy
Sun Jun 10th, 2007, 06:19 PM
bleed line and make sure master cylinder and slave cylinder are not damaged

konichd
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 09:04 AM
There isn't a hydrolic clutch on a Gix, its a regular cable. Is the lever damaged? Clip-on could be tweaked? IMHO something is bent from your "get off" and it doesn;t have shit to do with the clutch. :)

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 09:35 AM
There isn't a hydrolic clutch on a Gix, its a regular cable. Is the lever damaged? Clip-on could be tweaked? IMHO something is bent from your "get off" and it doesn;t have shit to do with the clutch. :)

David-

I know the K7 GSX-R1000 does have a hydraulic clutch, not sure of the 750.

konichd
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 09:46 AM
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/GSXR750K7/Features/Default.aspx

I couldn't find any info on the Suzuki website, but a friend of mine has an 06 and it doesn't have a hydrolic clutch. I doubt the 07 does either :dunno:

Somethings bent, this has nothing to do with the clutch. The clutch lever, or perch is bent in, or the clip-on is bent. It could have bent the linkage near the case cover, but I doubt it.

Go to performance and pick up a clutch lever for 10 bucks. If that doesn't work keep checking to make sure your handlebar assembly is true. :)

BTW, I HATE Suzuki's :)

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Heh...well the K6GSX-R1000 which I have, does not have a hydraulic clutch. The K7GSX-R1000 in fact does. Again, not so sure of the 7 fiddy's?

Your assessment could be right, but then again, you own a Kawi......so it's probably not.

*EDIT* BTW- Big props to Randy De Puniet for his 5th on his Kawi! Not too shabby.

konichd
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Kawi's don't bend so this is all new to me. :lol:

rybo
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Kawi's don't bend so this is all new to me. :lol:

I have pictures of a bent Kawasaki that YOU own (well sort of)....

2X on props to Randy for the awesome ride this weekend, he's even injured, so it's an even more impressive finish!

07gixxer750
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I put over 150 miles on it this weekend and it seems to ride fine. Handlebars look straight and the handle is broke but only towards the end. My brother and I looked at the linkage and even tried adjusting that. Its not bent.

Any one willing to take a look at it and offer up their opinion?

I can live with it, its just that I have to ride it out a little longer than I like to.

Thanks for all the help.

konichd
Mon Jun 11th, 2007, 01:03 PM
If your ever in the Lakehood area I'd take a look at it. I had a clip-on that was bent slightly (2-3mm) and even though small, it was amazing what a difference there was after I installed new Woodcraft Clip-ons. :)