PDA

View Full Version : Jacket or 1 piece suit

Player 2
Tue May 25th, 2004, 11:37 AM
So my Fieldsheer Sonic Air mesh jacket has a nice tear in it from when I went down a couple months ago. I'm looking to replace it and am trying to decide between the Fieldsheer Tattoo jacket or the 1 piece suit.

I don't own any leathers so if I get a jacket, I'll also need to get some pants to go along with it. I figure that getting a good deal on a 1 piece would be the easier way to go....

Fieldsheer Tattoo jacket (http://www.motoliberty.com/prod_detail.asp?ProdID=1)
Fieldsheer Tattoo 1 piece suit (http://www.motoliberty.com/prod_detail.asp?ProdID=222)

Any thoughts, advice?

Anonymous
Tue May 25th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Have you thought about a 2-piece suit? That way you can have a jacket and a full suit.

Player 2
Tue May 25th, 2004, 11:51 AM
I have. I just liked this style from Fieldsheer ;) I guess I could do the jacket and get some pants 'eh?

Anonymous
Tue May 25th, 2004, 11:53 AM
You could. If you stick with the same manufacturer, it will make zipping them together easier (I have a First Gear jacket and Gericke pants that didn't zip together - had to change the zipper on the pants).

But a 2-pc suit usually zips all the way around the waist - much better protection than an 8" zipper in the back!

Player 2
Tue May 25th, 2004, 12:00 PM
True dat...

I was considering the 1 piece since it seems to be a good deal...

Since I'm strictly doing street riding I was just going to get some Draggin Jeans w/armor til I found this suit on sale...

Rick T.
Tue May 25th, 2004, 12:03 PM
I like the Black/White Tatoo 1-pc... :)

Gramps
Tue May 25th, 2004, 12:47 PM
for the prices i saw on there you can get a nice two piece suit off ebay

prolly have some money left over

i like the two piece suit because it gives me more versatility

although i rarely ever just wear a jacket

:D

Player 2
Tue May 25th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Well... I'm not going to be buying this for myself so saving a bit on Ebay is no biggie.

Thing is, I'll still have my old jacket which is still in great shape, if I ever wanted just a jacket....

Rick T.
Tue May 25th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Well... I'm not going to be buying this for myself so saving a bit on Ebay is no biggie.

Thing is, I'll still have my old jacket which is still in great shape, if I ever wanted just a jacket....

Too bad my RS Taichi may be too small for ya... :D

Player 2
Tue May 25th, 2004, 02:42 PM
I know... :cry: