PDA

View Full Version : Phone Salesman Amazes Crowd

The Black Knight
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 04:46 PM
http://www.break.com/index/singer-amazes-crowd.html

Completely brilliant. This guy has serious game to go on stage and rip into a composition like this one. I'm not a huge fan of opera but this guy definetely has what it takes to thrive in the world of opera. I think the thing that is incredible is this guy is completely humble about his talent. You can tell he's not arrogant nor boastful whatsoever. Complete class act and definetely a cut above the garbage that's on American idol or whatever show they are having nowadays.

I personally can't stand shows where they go looking for the next big thing or the next sexy singer that can't perform. I've never seen a episode of American Idol, but I've heard the winners on the radio i.e. Kelly Clarkson oh and that bald guy, Kerri Underwood. None of them can even come close to matching this guys game. Yeah he may not make the grade in sheer marketability as far as looks go. But he's got so much more in his arsenal as far as vocals go.

The guy's got the pipes to lay it down and I totally appauled him for it. Being a musician myself I always appreciate genuine musicianship and when someone comes along that can really deliever it's a rush. I also like he basically ran Simon. You could tell Simon was expecting crap and was waiting to annihilate this guy just based on his looks. Maximum ownage. You know he's got game when he can bring that gorgeous british woman to tears.

Guy deserves a ticket to the brass ring of the Opera world.

EVO8
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Agreed, I didn't expect that.

salsashark
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Thank you for sharing that... it was great!

It's also nice to see someone who is humble about their talent, not like the no-talent ass clowns who think they're the next Beyonce infesting the talent shows in America.

BTW... he totally gave the female judge the mojojojo in her belly... :hump:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Good for that guy...he was very good.

ChefQ
Wed Jun 13th, 2007, 09:19 PM
WOW! That guy had better win.

ghostrider_9
Thu Jun 14th, 2007, 12:47 PM
That was pretty awesome.

Slo
Thu Jun 14th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Damn, that was freaking awesome!!!!

dapper
Thu Jun 14th, 2007, 01:54 PM
:applause: magnificent performance

salsashark
Thu Jun 14th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Ahhhh... pseudo-reality shows... gotta love 'em!

Not to discredit him, I still think the guy puts on a good show, but not quite the "diamond in the rough" story the clip leads you to believe.

Digg Article about Paul Potts (http://www.digg.com/television/Paul_Potts_isn_t_just_a_mobile_phone_salesman)

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Jun 14th, 2007, 03:03 PM
that was awesome...even gave me the mojojojo!!! :lol:

Nice find!