PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Lock???

Greg
Tue Feb 11th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Hey,

Anyone use a throttle lock for those longer trips? If so what have been your experiences with them and where did you buy them at? I am planning a few trips on my '02 1200 Bandit and was trying to think ahead...I will see how that goes.

P.S.: Come spring I will be riding every chance I get. If anyone needs an excuse to ride I live in Aspen there are some great twisties a very short ride from here.

towneh
Tue Feb 11th, 2003, 01:18 PM
hi greg,

i have a throttle locking device that is being tested by 'harry biker'. i'd say that their use is trial-and-error at best. there has to be some room on your handlebar/clip-ons to affix the clamp/holder for the lock. the surface of the grips has to be smooth enough to afford sufficient friction to work.

i have found that the use of a rubber o-ring that binds between the grip and the bar-end works well. again, it is trial-and-error. there are threads about this option in the 'trips & touring; economical cruise control; the alternative to the CAT o-ring'

then there is always to spend a lot of money on a Throtlemeister...

hope this helps,
henry :D

Greg
Tue Feb 11th, 2003, 03:57 PM
what king of cruise control do you have being tested now? Where did you purchase it, (name, number, web site, cost) just looking into all the options now before spring riding hits...it will be here before we know it.

towneh
Tue Feb 11th, 2003, 04:25 PM
hi greg,

the name of the throttle lock that i've used is :
Universal Vista Cruise
i purchased it at:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/azmotorsports/unviscruis.html
the cost incl s/h/i was like $35

if you'd like to 'try-before-you-buy' and maybe buy it for less, why don't we find out if harry is done or interested in it.... i'd use it but my clip-ons don't leave enough room to mount it.

if you can't wait, shop for it with Froogle with the string
'Universal Vista Cruise' iknow; it's beta but somebody's got to use it!!

i'd be riding now it i wasn't healing from a shoulder fracture
--there are old and there are bold..
but there are few that are old AND bold.. :D :P
henry