PDA

View Full Version : Gene Bazyl Memorial Ride: Take 2

AshliRider44
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 09:58 AM
So I figured since we did this last year that we need to keep the tradition alive. Bertha, help me out here, and anyone else who came along (or who didn't come along and would like to this time). I can't remember what trails we did but Kim and Dean should know since they were there too. ANYWAY! Lets do it again. We want to shoot for Saturday July 14th, we'll drive up Saturday morning, ride all day and hang out by the campfire that night and shoot the shit with all our fave stories of Gene. What do you say?

friscokidd
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 12:41 PM
i am down.....:).....well, at least for the camping, bond fire, story telling and drinking that is.

:cry: but no riding for me

Suki
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 01:19 PM
i think you'll be healed up by then, but you're definitely not going to be riding anytime soon. no need to risk you falling and jacking it up all over again!

Devaclis
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 01:27 PM
^^^ not riding anytime soon.....jacking it up, again. You kids and your damn tupperware parties.

AshliRider44
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 01:52 PM
i think you'll be healed up by then, but you're definitely not going to be riding anytime soon. no need to risk you falling and jacking it up all over again!

What she meant to say was... "Stop being such a fucking pussy!" :lol:

Suki
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 01:53 PM
We both blame ashli.... just kidding. that's what alan gets for crossing me, that's karma for you... mexicorean style!

:lol:

AshliRider44
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM
We both blame ashli.... just kidding. that's what alan gets for crossing me, that's karma for you... mexicorean style!

:lol:

Dont blame me for him not being able to handle the woops.... "Lets take the long EASY way back everyone" LOSER!! :spit:

Suki
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 01:57 PM
:lol: YOU SHUT YOUR MOUF DEVIL WOMAN!

poor thing, he's pretty banged up too. when i went to the ER to pick him up i told him "just because you're up in this hospital bed doesn't mean that i'm not pissed off at you!" Asian's never forget. so as soon as he's well again, then i'm back to being pissed off at him. and THAT, is how i roll. :D

AshliRider44
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 02:03 PM
:lol: YOU SHUT YOUR MOUF DEVIL WOMAN!

poor thing, he's pretty banged up too. when i went to the ER to pick him up i told him "just because you're up in this hospital bed doesn't mean that i'm not pissed off at you!" Asian's never forget. so as soon as he's well again, then i'm back to being pissed off at him. and THAT, is how i roll. :D

Wait wait wait.... you're callin me the devil woman! :banghead: :lol:

krod
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I think I was there last year:drink:Anyway I will be there.

Bueller
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 08:17 PM
You were, but us old guys didn't get too far that day.
I am in for this.

krod
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Everyone talk Jayrz into selling me his crf for 2000.00 so I can go..Shane's 500 scares me:shock:

64BonnieLass
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Is this ride for everyone who wants to honor his memory or just for those that knew him and/or are hotshots on the road? What do you all think?

Bueller
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 08:50 PM
This is a trail ride Terri, the street bike version is on the other thread. Gene also liked riding the dirt.

Buddau
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Where is this going to be, Rampart? What time do we meet? Where exactly? Will the ride portion be kid friendly? Now dont think my kids are slow, they ride hard and furious on the local tracks.
Any more details of the Gene Bazyl Memorial ride would be helpfull.

AshliRider44
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Bueller help me out here! I know that the trails we did weren't "beginner" even though it was my first time on dirt. I can't recall what trails we did exactly though, I'm sure some of the guys could recall, I dont think anyone would care if kids came so long as they could handle the trails we do (SHIT I hope I can handle the trails we do ;) ) LOL We will be at Rampart and meeting Saturday morning (lets say 9:30 AM (?) Maybe meet up at Flatrocks to start the day?

Bueller
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 04:00 PM
The ride is probably not beginner (trail rider) friendly since we generally don't have a set ride in place and it always ends up going "wherever we end up" type thing. Rich if you wanted to go up there with the boys we can point you to the easier trails, and some of the attendees might be interested in an easier cruise.
Last year the girls were just learning to ride the the hills but this year they have made some great progress so they are keeping up much better and tackling some of the more advanced stuff so we don't have to watch what trails we hit.
Last year we went up to Devils Slide, mostly intermediate although the "slide" is expert there is a bypass, but not something a newer rider would enjoy.
I think if there is good turnout there would be enough diversity as to be able to do a couple of skill level groups. And I doubt we would be gone all day on a single ride, maybe it should be listed as a gathering rather than a ride. :idea:

AshliRider44
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 09:16 PM
The ride is probably not beginner (trail rider) friendly since we generally don't have a set ride in place and it always ends up going "wherever we end up" type thing. Rich if you wanted to go up there with the boys we can point you to the easier trails, and some of the attendees might be interested in an easier cruise.
Last year the girls were just learning to ride the the hills but this year they have made some great progress so they are keeping up much better and tackling some of the more advanced stuff so we don't have to watch what trails we hit.
Last year we went up to Devils Slide, mostly intermediate although the "slide" is expert there is a bypass, but not something a newer rider would enjoy.
I think if there is good turnout there would be enough diversity as to be able to do a couple of skill level groups. And I doubt we would be gone all day on a single ride, maybe it should be listed as a gathering rather than a ride. :idea:

You got it :up:

Buddau
Mon Jun 25th, 2007, 06:53 PM
We'll be up there with you to "gather" then. You'll be surprised at how well my kids can ride.

AshliRider44
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:20 PM
This is still happening everyone. We are gonna be camping Friday night now too since Dave was able to get it off from work after all. That way we can find a good spot since its such a pain to find one on Saturdays.

Bueller
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:24 PM
I'll probably try to head up Fri. also, I know of two really great spots, one is a pull through but the best one is a cul-de-sac that is aways off the road.

AshliRider44
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
I'll probably try to head up Fri. also, I know of two really great spots, one is a pull through but the best one is a cul-de-sac that is aways off the road.

Lets meet up somewhere along the way or give us a call. What time were you thinking friday?

Bueller
Wed Jul 4th, 2007, 09:26 PM
probably 5 or so, unless I have my shit together and take off work a little early.

AshliRider44
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 08:27 AM
probably 5 or so, unless I have my shit together and take off work a little early.

I've got a half day but I'm sure Dave will want to sleep a lil' while longer so 5 will work. Let us know if its later. We'll meet somewhere in Sedalia or sumthin.

Bueller
Thu Jul 12th, 2007, 08:15 PM
So I am packed up and ready to get outta town, Ash and Hoopty you just might get the real bed after all.

See everyone up there Sat. If you are planning on camping Fri. night LMK and I'll direct you to were I end up.

Hoopty
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Sweet :D Can't wait to go!!! Are you planning to ride tonight at all? Mmm, drunken dirtbiking. :lol:

AshliRider44
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Sweet :D Can't wait to go!!! Are you planning to ride tonight at all? Mmm, drunken dirtbiking. :lol:

Yeah drunken dirtbiking.... can't wait to get tossed off the bike 934 times again. :lol:

Bueller
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Yea, but I won't be drunk and I don't have the DRZ for you to crash this time :lol:
Got off early and heading up ASAP I've got Hoopty's cell# I'll let you know where I am at.

I'll PM you mine.

Hoopty
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Cool, see you there meng

Bueller
Mon Jul 16th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Had a great day riding, put in 50+ mi. and was pretty well played out.
Great to ride with those who showed, the ladies are really kicking ass this year!

Just wish it could have been with Gene rather than for him. :|

AshliRider44
Mon Jul 16th, 2007, 12:36 PM
It was a great time for sure. Thanks to everyone who came :) I feel like I get faster and braver everytime we go :lol:

Gene was definately missed but he did keep me from landing on my head a few times :)