PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN BIKE: Denver / Boulder

flash gordon
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Hello everyone,

On the June 17/18 at night, my Yamaha 07 R1 bike (and cover) was stolen from my apartment in Boulder. Please keep an eye out for it. The fender eliminator is probably the most distinguishing characteristic, and it also has a smoked Puig windscreen. Please call the police if you see it.

Thank you.
Josh

~Barn~
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Ah man dude.... Sorry to hear that. I hope it's found and will definitely keep an eye out. I'm normally on the lookout for R1's as it is.

Drag... =\

thida_r6
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 01:13 PM
so sorry to hear that. i live in boulder and keep my bike out cuz i don't have a garage. makes me a little nervous things like that happen here, never would have believed. good luck in finding your bike and damn that sux!

denverbusa
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 01:47 PM
I feel your pain as I am still stinging from my loss of a Ducati 916.:(

Unfortunately a blue R1 doesn't really stand out but I am hoping you have a speedy recovery.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear it Flash. I hope you get her back in good condition.

Kendo
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Sorry to hear this....

I work up in Boulder and will keep my eye out for it....

Sully
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 02:50 PM
That's a real bummer Josh.. :( Hope it's returned unharmed...

flash gordon
Tue Jun 19th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Thanks everyone, please do keep an eye out for it.

flash gordon
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 03:26 PM
bike was found today in bad condition. I have no more info at this time.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 03:28 PM
bike was found today in bad condition. I have no more info at this time.

Bummer :cry: But at least you have a bike to maybe work with. Have the coppers dust the thing for prints.

GregsGSXR
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 03:36 PM
Same thing happned with my friends bike, found but in really bad shape. The officer that found it said it wasnt that bad but when he went to pick it up from the tow it was trashed. I am not blaming the tow company but it seemed really strange to me. Did they tow the bike from the location it was found?

dchd1130
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 04:02 PM
Bummer :cry: But at least you have a bike to maybe work with. Have the coppers dust the thing for prints.

HaHaHa thats a good one. That wont bring in any income for the city so there is no way in hell. :banghead:

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 04:12 PM
HaHaHa thats a good one. That wont bring in any income for the city so there is no way in hell. :banghead:

You forget --- you're dealing with a town that can't find the murderer of a six-year-old kindergärtner and picks up the tab of deranged psychopaths wanting a free plane ticket back to the states from Thailand. :roll:

dchd1130
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 04:56 PM
Ok your right maybe they will work on this case for the next 10 years. Waste a few million dollars and he'll still have no answers.

flash gordon
Fri Jun 22nd, 2007, 12:19 AM
they are holding the bike for dusting prints.

The impound agency said the bike was not drivable. The cops was isn't had slight damage. I haven't seen it, so I don't know what condition it is in.

~Barn~
Fri Jun 22nd, 2007, 08:33 AM
Please tell me you have full coverage.

SixnChange
Fri Jun 22nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
Ya, that sucks man. What's insurance saying? :turtle:

GregsGSXR
Fri Jun 22nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
If you get more info or know who towed it it would be really interesting if it was the same company that towed my friends CBR. His bike is also under stolen bikes on this post.

Slo
Mon Jun 25th, 2007, 03:02 PM
That's good that they are dusting for prints, not all agencies will do so. I have had a bike stolen and the local authorities wouldn't dust for prints.

Spy007
Mon Jun 25th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Wow... that really sucks man. Did you have GAP coverage with your insurance?

Good luck gettin everything squared away.

MAZIN
Mon Jul 16th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Do some invetigatin and some nut choppin!

jsears1864
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:56 PM
LOCK that shit up. i keep my bikes in a garage shed AND locked together.
Boulder has a high bike theft rate b/c of all the kids that leave their bikes outside their apartments. And also cause the cops here will never catch anyone or do anything about it. They are all too busy writing traffic tickets all day and night long.

counterfit zx10r
Sun Aug 5th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Glad to hear they found it for you. Hopefully your insurance can jump in and get it fixed up quickly so you can get out riding soon. The way things are going right now, i've heard of about 6-10 bikes getting stolen in just the past week so i'm getting the biggest, heaviest lock i can find for my bikes and not leaving them outside at all