PDA

View Full Version : Accident TacoBell? **graphic**

Neb954
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Not sure if this is a repeat or repost but a friend showed this to me on their site.

It's apparently when a biker went through a taco bell or something and did die. There are graphic pics so beware. I'm going to post a link to their forum hope that is ok..

http://forums.clubsi.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1559234/page/1/fpart/1

Devaclis
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 09:55 AM
I almost posted this yesterday but the idiots talking crap i nthe thread made me not want to post it here.

636chick
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 10:09 AM
How could anyone post those pictures in a forum that is somebody's child!!!!:banghead:

I know i didn't have to look but i didn't think they would be that graphic and you did warn me.

They left me speechless and crying at my desk

t_jolt
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Wow, Beware the comments on that page. How can people act as if its nothing when something like that happens?

Tyrel

Slo
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah some of them are a class act, they had similar comments recently on another fatality......

dm_gsxr
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Disassociation.

There are certain crashes that are more memorable to me than others. I wasn't affected by these pics but I still can picture the one where the guy wheelied into a left turning car I saw a couple of years back or the one where they were dragging parts to the side of the road.

Perhaps something like "that won't happen to me" vs the other two where I can see getting hurt or killed by a blind left turner.

I feel bad for the guys family and especially for his girlfriend (other posts seem to indicate he had a fight before the accident), especially since the pics are on the 'net :(

Carl

Neb954
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I didn't post this to ridicule the dude or antyhing at all!! I was just in awe at the damage. I didn't read the entire post/thread until you mentioned it.
Not that it would have helped in this instance but I didn't see anything in the form of gear. (helmet, heck even jeans, etc.) It probably wouldn't have saved his life but just something I noticed.

Seeing stuff like this however does remind me to keep in check. Not that I'm a maniac on a bike but still.

If this post needs to be pulled No problem..

Devaclis
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Nope, not criticizing you at all for posting this. Just the idiots in the original thread on CSI.com

dapper
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 11:45 AM
:( Well, it's easy to see the certain principles and behavior of some csi forum users.

RIP...

636chick
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 11:48 AM
not critizing you

you post pictures and people will look

Some were interesting in a morbid way the one of the foot was wild

The picture of him close up was the one that really kinda bothered me I guess it was the face that really humanized it.
Before that it was just peices and parts

Now the ass hats on the forum well they were well asshats, they didn't even seem to know him just making fun of a dead person.

Brat
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 12:03 PM
oh man that really litterally graphicallly puts things into perspective. were all at the mercy of our actions on our machines....
i could have done without seeing his face... that kinda bothered me, more than the other pics...

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 12:10 PM
So far, you can see the difference in maturity from the posts made here compared to there regarding that graphic post. Hopefully it stays that way.

DeeStylez
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I just feel bad for the family, that some creep would post up something like this on a website.

Devaclis
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Not to jack this thread, but I will, just a little bit. Being a member of the CSC, more precisely, an active member who is on the forums every day, has made me think more about the bad things that can happen when riding a bike than the good things that do happen when I ride. I am a more fearful, overly cautious, gear nazi then I ever would have been. It is good and bad. But I do think a LOT more about the dangers of riding than I think about the fun. This club has a lot to do with that.

Canuck
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Not to jack this thread, but I will, just a little bit. Being a member of the CSC, more precisely, an active member who is on the forums every day, has made me think more about the bad things that can happen when riding a bike than the good things that do happen when I ride. I am a more fearful, overly cautious, gear nazi then I ever would have been. It is good and bad. But I do think a LOT more about the dangers of riding than I think about the fun. This club has a lot to do with that.

Dana, I know exactly what you mean. I have been fighting my own conscious with riding on the street in general. This has been ongoing for me since Gene's death a year ago. His death was the straw that is 'breaking the camels back' for me and riding.
Did you know that I have only ridden three times since my last race in September. That is sad, but I am having a harder time with the whole thing. This post is only adding to my dilemma.

Devaclis
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 01:18 PM
^^ I hear ya. If you find a way to get over this let me know. We can have a group therapy session :)

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 01:19 PM

Dana-

I'm with you man. It's not like all that stuff doesn't happen, but the forums sure brings those things right up close and somewhat personal because of what we do...ride. Don't get me wrong, I love to ride...but each and every time I strap my gear on and get on my bike I ask myself "Is this the day, is this the ride that something goes wrong?" I always try to be vigilant of my surroundings, but things happen.

If we can get anything positive from posts like this, it's to remember what's really important in our lives...for me it's my family.

Canuck
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 01:23 PM
^^ I hear ya. If you find a way to get over this let me know. We can have a group therapy session :)

I'm thinking that an Audi S4 Avant, might help me get over not riding the Ducati :)

dm_gsxr
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 01:50 PM
From a positive point of view, being on more sport type motorcycle mailing lists has change my awareness of how I ride and certainly made me smarter and more risk aware. Before I got on the dc-cycles mailing list, I was a typical Harley rider; half helmet, leather vest, boots, jeans, and fingerless gloves. I also had semi-open stage II pipes (although I didn't ask for them). I even went on a 6,500 mile trip dressed somewhat like that (I had chaps and a leather jacket as well).

I've gradually moved to sport-touring and IronButt rides (going on a Colorado Freewheelers 1000 in 24 in August), sportbikes and now doing track days. The Harley's long gone, I've dropped 75 lbs and have two full faced helmets, two one piece suits (leather and textile) and one two piece suit, four pair of full fingered gloves (two deer, one leather and one Gerbings). I have quiet bikes (well except for the track bike, but that's appropriate) and even Rita's happier.

I'm also a lot more mechanically knowledgeable and have done more in the past few years than in my entire prior life.

Reading other peoples accidents and even grotesque pics like these keep me more alert to other drivers. They also tell me what the better ways are to act and react. Not to ride when angry, tired, or otherwise distracted. The times and places to notch up my awareness.

But it's also significantly increased my enjoyment and really increased my abilities. I can look back at my accident and realize that had I known then what I know now, I probably wouldn't have this big chunk missing from my leg and wouldn't have the other fractures and cuts.

While up in South Dakota last week, we were behind a plumbing truck on a back road. As he made a right turn and we were preparing to pass him, I could see the last foot or so of a vehicle on the other side waiting to pull out. I caught a glimpse of him just moving so I grabbed the front brake and slowed significantly just as he pulled right in front of us, just like the accident back in 1990. In this case I gave him the finger as he went in front of us rather than ending up in the hospital for a week.

They're bad and some shots people shouldn't see but good can always be gleaned even from the worst accidents.

Carl

Devaclis
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 01:55 PM
^^ That's what I am talking about :) The fun part about riding. The good things you get to experience when on your bike. More of that and less "Let's post op scary stories to make every scared to ride"

#1Townie
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 02:05 PM
i like all the comments about the other forum.... bashing the dead rider.... but then we can go look at our own rider down threads... some of the comments may not be same but are on the same lines.... i am surprised to not hear the darwin comment.... im also surprised to not hear people say he desirved for flying down a public road with no gear.... why is it that no one has said these things???

i feel bad for the family...

RIP

BeoBe
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 02:55 PM
A big "FUCK YOU" goes out to those members of that forum.. Yea he may have been something really stupid or maybe something went wrong that caused the accident.. But nobody has the right to bad mouth the guy in such a way as that forum is doing... Its people like this that make people whoop the shit out of them... What goes around comes around tho.. R.I.P. to that rider and i hope he went quickly.

Be-O-Be

Sonic Boom
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 06:11 PM
It's from ClubSi... because we all know we should model our driving habits after those of the responsible ricers... I've seen more people do stupid shit in civics than I have on bikes. This could be my age showing, and the fact that In reality I've been riding for a grand total of a year, but those people should shut their mouths. Seriously... how fucking hypocritical it is of them to criticize others when they themselves should learn how to be responsible. This is just plain sad... When 9/11 happened, were they all laughing and saying "Pwnd!" ? I dont think so. This may not be even close to the scale that 9/11 was, but still... that was someones son/brother/boyfriend/husband/father.

And the ricer community always wonders why they have a terrible name for themselves. "Thats one more off the road..." Wow. How fucking insensitive.

Yeah, he should've been wearing gear, but when you don't, you know the risks that are involved. In a wreck like that, I doubt gear would've helped him anyways.

Dana, I agree with you 100%. Being around fellow riders has made me wear my gear more often. Down here in the 100F heat and humidity (Orlando, FL) I never want to wear my jacket, but 98% of the time do. I should wear it all the time. In our little riding group (Which consists of me on the M109, my roommate on his 1k Gixxer, another guy on a 750, an SV650, and a S40 Boulevard- Gay.) We wont go out now if someones not wearing all their gear. I've never gone without my helmet. It's like working out, always better and gets me more motivated with a friend. You motivate the other to go to the gym when he/she doesnt want to, and they do the same for you.

-T

JustSomeDude
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Holy effin moly.

http://www.lsp.org/lspnewsr.nsf/adc616dfb7087e6286256c76004db773/98fbcfa4d3736bdf8625711900436217?OpenDocument

64BonnieLass
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Can't remember who said it just recently, but one of ya'all said "I'd rather sweat then bleed" something to that effect. I think he was right on - cause I've seen how they "scrub" rocks out of your skin, and no fucking way does that feel good on your already rashed ass. But to each their own, right?

TopTier
Wed Jun 20th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Can't remember who said it just recently, but one of ya'all said "I'd rather sweat then bleed" something to that effect. I think he was right on - cause I've seen how they "scrub" rocks out of your skin, and no fucking way does that feel good on your already rashed ass. But to each their own, right?
I say that to my students every weekend, when we get the gear portion of the book.

Jason ON
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 10:38 AM
I had a not very nice RN brushing dirt and grime out of my skin one day a few years ago. Not fun. It's like taking a wire brush to an open wound.

dchd1130
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 11:34 AM
I had a not very nice RN brushing dirt and grime out of my skin one day a few years ago. Not fun. It's like taking a wire brush to an open wound.

Yeah they aren't usually very nice about it either.

konichd
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 11:37 AM

I will pick rocks out of you skin anytime Terri ;)

Suki
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 12:10 PM

Yeah they aren't usually very nice about it either.

When alan wrecked on saturday, the ER doc came in and asked if he was wearing any protective gear and his helmet. We told him 'absolutely, always do.' and he went on to tell us about a lady that was seen there that had gotten into a motorcycle accident while riding with her S.O. They were able to walk away, but obviously were pretty rashed and banged up. When he went in to talk to them, he asked about them wearing a helmet and she responded with something along the lines of "why would i want to wear that?" and she's "safer without it" then later said something else along the lines of not liking the way it looks. HELLO! jackass! you just wrecked and were lucky to walk away with some rash and bruising, it could have been alot worse!

So i'm sure that with all the people that they treat, pronounce dead, the families they have to break the news to, i'm sure these doctors, nurses, and staff have little to no patience left for those that come in with motorcycle related injuries and appreciate those that do wear their gear.

McVaaahhh
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 12:55 PM
I feel sorry for the riders friends and family as a loss like that can never be easy.

However, I refuse to feel sorry for the rider. He made his choices, and unfortunately for him they resulted in his death.

Relating this to riding: This wreck doesn't open my eyes to how dangerous riding a sportbike is, it opens my eyes ever further to how dangerous stupid is.

Marauder
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 01:52 PM
#1559258 - 06/19/07 12:33 PM http://forums.clubsi.com/images/icons/default/book.gif (http://forums.clubsi.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1559234/page/1/fpart/1#Post1559258) Re: **GRAPHIC**Taco Bell + Bike Squid= Gross Burritos**GRAPHIC** [Re: Beefy (http://forums.clubsi.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1559249/page/1#Post1559249)]

WOW! What the fuck was he doing? Every time I tell myself that I want to buy a bike...I see shit like this and come pretty close to changing my mind. /quote

:applause: ...we should only be so lucky.

RIP Rider

Devaclis
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 02:24 PM
Terri, I always say that sweat washes off but road rash washes off with pain and a wire brush. But again, this site and this great goup of people has made me ride a lot safer. the only downside is that it has also made me worry about riding more than I ever wanted to.

Brizz
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 02:52 PM
Ha looks like Iraq!

Raptor
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 03:09 PM
Relating this to riding: This wreck doesn't open my eyes to how dangerous riding a sportbike is, it opens my eyes ever further to how dangerous stupid is.

:applause:

I'm seriously reflecting on an instance from last weekend and a) how stupid I was and b) how badly I could have hurt my family / those who depend on me. I reckon something should be learned from tragedy and those pics sure opened my eyes and got my head on straight.
God bless to that rider's loved ones.

sprtbkbabe
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 04:58 PM
I am really hoping that this isn't real :(, but don't believe all you see.

I could never see an examiner getting his photo taken and his expression looking like that!

Some of the stuff on http://www.rotten.com/ is highly debateable. If you have a very queezy stomach, don't go on there

MAZIN
Tue Jul 17th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Dident even look at it... I know I have seen it on gixxer.com...