PDA

View Full Version : Wheelies!!!!!!!!!

colt45
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 01:40 AM
ok so i have a 2003 cbr954 and i took it out to practice doing wheelies tonight and i tried the left foot on the rear footpeg method while in first gear going about 35-40mph at 6k rpms i drop the throttle till it goes down to 5k then slam it open and do that while im standing up but it seems out of control i accidently put to much of my wieght on the back foot and it started wobbling crazy and i almost ate it i tried it for a little while but am i doing it wrong?

#1Townie
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 10:42 AM
thats cuz its a 954 in first... put it in seconed... dont look at your cluster... DO NOT KEEP TRACK OF SPEED AND RPMS... just go off feel... keep clutching... RIGHT FOOT OVER BRAKE AT ALL TIMES!!!!!

konichd
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 02:11 PM
Honestly, check out "Wheelies for Dummies" that Kyle Woods produced. He explains technique, bike prep, etc.

I've watched it numerous times, but no wheelie for this dummy :(

mushin_man39
Thu Jun 21st, 2007, 11:04 PM
When you cross the line in front of Casey Stoner in sixth gear at 200+, you burb the throttle while leaning back a little. When the front wheel lifts, throw a victory sign to the moto GP crowd, right, #1 Townie? Ooops, wrong forum.

#1Townie
Fri Jun 22nd, 2007, 12:04 AM
you racing sissys...