PDA

View Full Version : Second Creek MRA weekend pics...

snapper
Mon May 31st, 2004, 03:24 PM
I am putting some images on my new web site for your personal downloading entertainment! Make prints from them if you like. The quality of the files should be good enough for a 4x6 or 5x7 print of acceptable quality. If you want professionally made prints like 8x10, 16x20, or 20x24, I will have them made for you for a reasonable price.

http://www.winningpictures.com

See you in the turns :)

HS

Anonymous
Mon May 31st, 2004, 03:30 PM
I'd say if you want a downloadable image, it should be free. If you want a high res version or rights to put it onto your website, buy the print. That seems more than fair to a racer like myself. I know you guys are out there trying to make a living, but the sites that make it so I can't even save a web-quality image piss me off into not wanting to buy anything (nothing against you, just a general rant - some photog has that and I cannot remember who).

snapper
Mon May 31st, 2004, 03:39 PM
The images for DL are FREE...and I wanted to find a happy medium between large, good quality images, and the average internet users download speed. Have you looked at the images I have posted?

HS

snapper
Mon May 31st, 2004, 03:40 PM
Also, as I mentioned before, these are for DOWNLOAD...so let me know if youare having problems downloading from my site.

HS

yakuza
Mon May 31st, 2004, 09:58 PM
I know you guys are out there trying to make a living, but the sites that make it so I can't even save a web-quality image piss me off into not wanting to buy anything (nothing against you, just a general rant - some photog has that and I cannot remember who).

I don't blame them, there are Photoshop plugins that enable users to upsize images (near loss-less) so people could print their high-res copies. I'm pleasantly surprised to see free downloadable images, so kudos to Happysnapper. :up:

I buy some of the better pictures from John Weiland, I probably bought 10 or more prints from him last year, and 3 so far this year. I prefer buying from him trackside because he'll sometimes give a bundle price for several pictures, whereas most online purchases are fixed-price per print.

Happysnapper, I think a bundle package of several prints at a reduced price (as mentioned above) could be a positive differentiator for you. For example, $20 for a single 8x10 is fine, but 3 for $40 is much more attractive to me. Also, I'd like to be able to use the images I purchase on my website, even if I need to list a photo credit with the image.

Hope that feedback helps. Oh, and nice shot of me, thanks! :up:

snapper
Tue Jun 1st, 2004, 08:20 AM
I know you guys are out there trying to make a living, but the sites that make it so I can't even save a web-quality image piss me off into not wanting to buy anything (nothing against you, just a general rant - some photog has that and I cannot remember who).

I don't blame them, there are Photoshop plugins that enable users to upsize images (near loss-less) so people could print their high-res copies. I'm pleasantly surprised to see free downloadable images, so kudos to Happysnapper. :up:

I buy some of the better pictures from John Weiland, I probably bought 10 or more prints from him last year, and 3 so far this year. I prefer buying from him trackside because he'll sometimes give a bundle price for several pictures, whereas most online purchases are fixed-price per print.

Happysnapper, I think a bundle package of several prints at a reduced price (as mentioned above) could be a positive differentiator for you. For example, $20 for a single 8x10 is fine, but 3 for $40 is much more attractive to me. Also, I'd like to be able to use the images I purchase on my website, even if I need to list a photo credit with the image.

Hope that feedback helps. Oh, and nice shot of me, thanks! :up:

yakuza,

What people do with my images is up to them as long as it is for personal use only. If someone is happy with a print from a web image that just looks OK then so be it...it is kind of like downloading and listening to MP3's...you can hear the song and it probably sounds OK but if you really want to crank it in your ride you need to buy the CD or else hear the little bird-chirpy compression sounds. If you want to hang something on your wall that gets ooooohs and aaaaaahs then order the print.

If anyone wants to use these images for their own sites they should get permission first and give credit where credit is due. Being a rider myself, I really enjoy taking these kinds of pics and in most cases I just ask for a credit with the image...I like seeing my pics published. Magazines and advertisers pay WAY more just for the USE of an individual image.

Thanks for your feedback regarding prices...I have created a package that gives you 3 of the same 8x10/12's for $45. I really cant do it for less because these are gallery-quality lab prints and cost me about $10 each to produce for an 8 x 10...these do not come from an inkjet printer. Be aware of what you are buying.

BTW...most of my profits are going towards a vintage race bike for next year. :)