PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Crap still in Golden Gate Canyon

PhotoMotard
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:04 PM
Having a great couple of weeks riding in the canyons outside of Boulder, until last Friday. Coal Creek, Left Hand, Peak to Peak all fine, but coming down Golden Gate about halfway down, there was a washed out area came up really quick on a blind turn and ... down I went on a low speed slide. Front tire washed out quick and Valentina - the new duck - now has some attitude on the fairings. No big damage. Just a new gearshift and some super glue on the left mirror. Some selective stickers should take care of the "track" bodywork.

I'm sore but not broken.:doublefinger:

Big thanks to slowster for stopping at the bottom to tell my buddies that all did not look well with me on the side of the road.

It's all good and I'll be out again this week when it's cooler and look forward to track days at Pueblo with the new bodywork...

Ciao.

Robb

konichd
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:18 PM
A few of us rode down Golden Gate on Sunday and there were still a few spots that you better "stay in the groove" or you were in for some trouble. Although there was a right hander near the bottom that almost got 2 of us. :)

McVaaahhh
Mon Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:49 PM
A few of us rode down Golden Gate on Sunday and there were still a few spots that you better "stay in the groove" or you were in for some trouble. Although there was a right hander near the bottom that almost got 2 of us. :)

Make that three of us. :D

What the hell was that, a tar patch or something?

Looked like a square in the middle of the road but damn if it didn't make me pucker up just a bit. eh, if it were easy anyone could do it. :alien:

LQ3
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:18 AM
Hey no problem just happy you are ok. I would have stopped where I saw you but you where on your bike so I wasn't sure that anything happened, until I saw your buddies at the bottom of the canyon waiting then I knew something had happened. Golden Gate can be really tricky, I've almost when down many a time running the canyon. Between deer running in the road and big rocks on the road. See you soon.

Slo
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
Glad to hear your ok. Seems that if there is sand or gravel anywhere, Golden Gate will have it.

Devaclis
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:05 PM
When do you get the toy back? Also, I can drill out that shift lever for you so you can hang it on a piece of leather and wear it around your neck like a tribute to Crom!!!

Drew303
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:33 PM
Hell yeah, I rode down the other way and luckily there wasnt as much sand on the other side, but I saw tons of sand. I also tried to warn people cause there were cops all over golden gate on sunday.

PhotoMotard
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:58 PM
Valentina (the duck) is hangin out in the garage under her cover. Only damage was the shift lever snapped off - it will make a nice key fob; and the left mirror ejected. Some epoxy will make it fine... Not supposed to be on for the upcoming track day anyway...

and she has some scratches across the left fairing and one small "sanded" spot. Shows that we are OUT riding in the good places rather than stopping for lattes curbside...

You will all be glad to know that the Capirossi mascot eagle sticker was left undamaged and protected that portion of paint... Gooooo Ducati... Gooo Stoner......

Robb

When do you get the toy back? Also, I can drill out that shift lever for you so you can hang it on a piece of leather and wear it around your neck like a tribute to Crom!!!

Money55
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:14 PM
hey man good to here that u r ok and that the bike didnt suffer to bad dam sand