PDA

View Full Version : A Question for the ladies!

konichd
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 12:03 PM
First of all, I want to say I love you all ;)

So a group of us went for a nice relaxing July 4th ride. Shortcake decided this would be an excellent opportunity to break in her new gear and shit-bomb the fuckin' clutch on the 636 while she was at it. Even though I'd love to put a yoyodyne slipper clutch in this thing, I have a feeling even the "magic garage" will run out of patience on this one.

So my question is what have you ladies done to adjust the levers on your bikes? I think the main problem is the "friction zone" for the clutch is right at the end of the release. Shortcakes small fingers are unable to control the clutch operation smoothly at this point. Thus shit-canning the clutch and bringing the bike to a hault. After an impressive burnout before Central City Raceway I realized I need to solve this problem quick. However, I don't want to leave a bunch of slack in the clutch. Before I spend 150+ on CRG levers I wanted to hear what other options there might be? :dunno:

AshliRider44
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 12:22 PM
You can't adjust the lever so its closer to her? Thats what I did, and just practice! But yeah if its too far away it doesn't matter what you do. Bring that lever closer in and she would be fine.

konichd
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 12:28 PM
There's no adjustment in the stock levers without creating some slack in the clutch. :(

The reason your lever's were "in" was due to the mass in your chest Ash. Your twins have enough gravitational force to act upon your lever's, thus making your reach easier. :)

64BonnieLass
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Before I spend 150+ on CRG levers I wanted to hear what other options there might be? :dunno:

Think "Suzuki" DK. :slappers:

J/k...mine are adjustable, although I haven't had to adjust them yet and I have very short fingers. This lil problem would make me crazy though. It's no fun to have to work that hard on your levers while riding.

Shortcake
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 01:35 PM
OKay, I may have killed it a time or two, however I think "Shit bombing the fuck of the clutch" may be a bit dramatic. whoopsie daisy:oops:!

AshliRider44
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 01:38 PM
There's no adjustment in the stock levers without creating some slack in the clutch. :(

The reason your lever's were "in" was due to the mass in your chest Ash. Your twins have enough gravitational force to act upon your lever's, thus making your reach easier. :)

Time to get a new clutch or just adjustable levers then :dunno: LOL

Pretty sure it wasn't my tits DK, Suzuki actually comes with adjustable levers :lol:

AshliRider44
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 01:38 PM
OKay, I may have killed it a time or two, however I think "Shit bombing the fuck of the clutch" may be a bit dramatic. whoopsie daisy:oops:!

:spit: no worries girl

Devaclis
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 02:09 PM
$14.99 for a set of adjustable levers on the "ebay" thing you kids are so fond of. If you DO get the CRG levers, imma gonna steal them.

uberwench
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 02:57 PM
She's not worth $150 clutch levers, you cheap bastard?

Kidding. What Devaclis said about ebay.

Devaclis
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Just tell her that riding motorcycles is not for girls, it's a guy thing. Sheesh!!!

Repsol a095
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 03:03 PM
DK, this is another reason why Kawis suck. Yamahas have adjustable levers, and if that doesn't work, I know that you can purchase some boobs; it might be more than 150 bucks though. Although, you could get some really good action out of those. Hell, you would probably get more than you get now if you had some nice knockers. Worse come to worse, stay home and play with them.

sky_blue
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I had adjusted the heck out of my clutch lever (with the cable screw thingie), and could still barely reach. And yeah, then my clutch lever was all floppy. Broke down and bough me some pretty red Pazzos and it's 100% better. I have them almost all the way close, which annoys people with manhands. Love those adjusty levers though, a few clicks, and they fit bigger hands. Plus great poser style!! I got them for $160, I think, from motomummy.com.

Pharmgirl
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I do not recall Jeanna shit bombing the clutch.

konichd
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Because you weren't at the light next to her Holly :)

I've checked E-bay and CRG's are 150. I have "shorty" CRG levers on the 10 and like them. Shortcake's not worth $1.50 much less $150 :)

Shortcake
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Shortcake's not worth $1.50 much less $150 :)
oh you are soooo dead!!!!!:scream1:

konichd
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Because your priceless :)

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Whipped!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/whipped.gif

Shortcake
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Because your priceless :)

That's better!:yes:

konichd
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 04:35 PM
However, thats not saving the clutch. Its got about 2-3 dumps left in it before "The Magic Garage" will have to take over. And somehow I think the motorcycle fairy's going to be bringing the new clutch too :(

64BonnieLass
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 04:35 PM
:applause: Nice save.

konichd
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Hi, here's a bike that I painstakenly rebuilt with my bare hands....could you drop the clutch out of it too? GREAT!

Shortcake...there is NO CRYING ON THE INTERWEB EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shortcake
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Hi, here's a bike that I painstakenly rebuilt with my bare hands....could you drop the clutch out of it too? GREAT!

No problem, turns out I can drop the clutch out of anything :)

konichd
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Turns out your about to drop the bottom out of my checkbook! :)

Sully
Thu Jul 5th, 2007, 09:55 PM
hey wait.. David... didn't someone just buy you a new gas cap ? :shock: