PDA

View Full Version : Engine dimensions

Anonymous
Wed Feb 12th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Does *anyone* know where I can find dimensions (i.e. outer dimensions) and mounting point locations for a 'busa engine? Sort of like an engineering-type drafting diagram, with the major sizes and locations of mounting points notated, is what I'm after.

I've posted all over the damn 'net trying to find it, hoping someone here might have an idea.

thanks!

gary n
Fri Feb 14th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Ralph,

www.suzukihayabusa.org is the most technical busa board I have found. Somebody over there should be able to help you out.

Gary

Anonymous
Fri Feb 14th, 2003, 09:04 AM
Ralph,

www.suzukihayabusa.org is the most technical busa board I have found. Somebody over there should be able to help you out.

Gary

Thanks Gary, that's one of the (many) places I have posted. No one there seems to know, though they were pretty helpful on some FI and restriction questions I had.

I fear this information just doesn't exist outside of some Suzuki CAD program somewhere. I even tried a british list I found called 'Bike-Engined Cars', where people build crazy shit from, well, bike engines. I hoped someone there would know ... nothing.

Wanna let me crawl over your bike with a metric scale? :D

gary n
Fri Feb 14th, 2003, 09:38 AM
I will let you know when I have the fairings off for an oil change, but it won't be for a couple of months yet.

I'm pretty sure the busa engine is too wide for the superhawk frame, so you must be building something else - maybe a busa' powered shifter cart?

Anonymous
Fri Feb 14th, 2003, 10:51 AM
I will let you know when I have the fairings off for an oil change, but it won't be for a couple of months yet.

Thanks, I appreciate it. That's fine too, I won't need the measurements for a while yet, but any chance you could give me a rough idea of the LxWxH size at least? (Minus headers, just the engine itself). I'm going to PM you about something else anyway that may require an afternoon of pondering over your bike... But it'll be cool. Trust me. :D

I'm pretty sure the busa engine is too wide for the superhawk frame, so you must be building something else - maybe a busa' powered shifter cart?

Yeah, not going to put it in the superhawk frame. I'm building something super-special-sweet. It's still in the design infancy stages while I learn how to use Solidworks to model it better... But it'll be cool. Trust me. :D