PDA

View Full Version : Bike stalls when you let off the clutch

budwsr
Fri Jul 6th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Hey all I have an 01 ZX9 last night I filled up with gas and when I took off I lost power and the bike died. I had filled the bike up prob too much and I figured that it couldn't vent so I poped the cap and it started up fine and I was able to drive it home ( 1.5 mi) I siphoned some gas out thinking that it was over filled. I drove it into work this morning it started right up no problems. When I go to leave work it does the same thing as last night with the stalling. It sat in the sun all day it got up to th mid 90s It does start right up and idles in nuetral but when you put it in gear and release the clutch it dies. could this be bad gas, over filled still or something with the clutch?
Thanks

McVaaahhh
Fri Jul 6th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Does it always stall, or are you just not giving it enough gas?

It's probably not what you normally do, but if you rev it up to say ~6000 RPM like you were doing a hard, drag-strip type launch does it still stall?

txrc51fatboy
Fri Jul 6th, 2007, 05:37 PM
how old is clutch?

budwsr
Fri Jul 6th, 2007, 06:10 PM
no it never stalls just from last night
ya I reved it too and it still stalls.
I'm assuming the orig. clutch ( got the bike used) 12XXX miles on it

reddeth
Fri Jul 6th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Does it cut right out or does it sort of 'die' out?

It could be a bad kickstand switch. I went through a similar issue, there was something keeping my kickstand switch from engaging properly and it would kill the bike as soon as I put it into gear.

budwsr
Fri Jul 6th, 2007, 06:23 PM
when I first got on it acted like it was outta gas no power and it dies, downshift and it starts back up but ya it sures acts like the kickstand is down ( it's not) where it stalls as you release the clutch

budwsr
Sun Jul 8th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Ok thanks for all the help. I believe its a faulty kickstand sensor. I was able to start it up and ride once I put the kickstand up and down a few times ( says to me bad connection)