PDA

View Full Version : Gravel warning***

t_jolt
Sun Jul 8th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Went out to golden gate, and about every other turn had gravel.

Then went up lookout mountain and there is gravel EVERYWHERE. its hard to even follow the main tire groves cause of the gravel. I would not recommend anyone taking this route until it rains. or go super slow!

Thanks
Tyrel

pilot
Sun Jul 8th, 2007, 02:02 PM
What's the deal here? Gravel Gnomes? Rode these a while back and GG was not bad cept for a few corners and LM was clean top to bottom.

konichd
Sun Jul 8th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Roads were good today! :)

DeeStylez
Sun Jul 8th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Just so happen that I went on a ride a couple days ago up through golden gate, some sand but not to bad. Although this was one of my first times canyon carving kinda wished I a had a more exprienced person to tag along with. Overall I liked it temperature was a good 15 to 20 degrees cooler than the metro area.

t_jolt
Sun Jul 8th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Most of been the rain they have gotten the past few days up there

Tyrel

blah
Mon Jul 9th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Most of been the rain they have gotten the past few days up there

Tyrel

I think that's it- they have been pouring so much gravel during the winter that there is no drainage any more, so when there are heavy rains it just washes gravel all over the road.

pilot
Mon Jul 9th, 2007, 06:56 AM
I think that's it- they have been pouring so much gravel during the winter that there is no drainage any more, so when there are heavy rains it just washes gravel all over the road.Now there's a good point. With reduction in tax collection there is less funding for road maintenance. And thus, more dirt in the ditch.

I do remember that earlier this year the county cleaned up the run from Pine Junction to Pine. That section has been in good shape since then.