PDA

View Full Version : Fay Meyers, oil 1qt low

GixerSix
Sun Jul 8th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I just got my bike repaired at the Fay Myers on Arapahoe and I noticed that my oil was low (because of a BIG RED light, thank you Suzuki Engineers), so I started to fill it and it took 1 quart and 5 oz! So those dumb bastards at Fay Myers forgot to fill the oil after changing the stator. I'm really lucky I didn't fry my engine.

I still haven't called to yell at them yet, most of the guys there have a fuck it attitude so I don't think it will result in anything. Total cost was $400.

Carlsbad
Sun Jul 8th, 2007, 01:55 PM
not shocking coming from FM. I know they have a couple of good wrenches, but it's safe to say that w/ a staff as large as they have, the ole quality is going to slip in some places.

I'd call up there and talk to the SM. Tell him it took you 30 min to fix - and you bill out at 40/half hr - and ask him what he's going to do for you.

I avoid that place like the plague. Was in the new jumbo place once, which was enough to last me for a looong time.

duckphreak
Sun Jul 8th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't call but go in person and demand to speak to the manager. I once got my car back from the dealership service dept with same type of shoddy work. I ended up getting a full refund and an apology.

MUSHMEAT
Sun Jul 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Yes, you must let them know what happened and why. I am sure the service manager will work with you . Let us all know what the results were. ... thanks

GixerSix
Mon Jul 9th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I called today and left a message with Chris the head of the Service dept (doesn't work Mon). I'll let you all know, thanks.

$40/half hour is what they charge so why shouldn't I:idea:.

GixerSix
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Chris called me back this morning and said one of his best 'Kyle' worked on it and while changing the Stator they don't drain any oil. I told him how John told me they have to drain oil when I originally dropped it off, and Chris assured me they don't. Chris said it's something that they should have caught and next time I'm in Fay to stop by his office and see what he can do (maybe a coupon? oh boy!). So no real commitment no actual cash back promised, and I was too dumb to realize I was being blown off.

So after thinking a little bit I called him back (twice) a few minutes later and could only get his voicemail, so I left a msg, "I'm not coming back to your shop because I can't trust the big disconnect between what John and Kyle are saying." He didn't call me back that was three hours ago.

I got a (full synthetic) oil change at Grand Prix about 2 months ago, it's possible they didn't fill it all the way...I actually never checked it...so now there are two shops I have to be wary about. I'm pretty sure I don't burn ANY oil, let alone 1qt/month!

eklew
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your issues man, that sucks big time. That is one of the major reasons that I do most of that work myself. When I changed out my stator, I drained the oil out first and then refilled with fresh oil. Really helps when you have the manual from Suzuki as well. Good luck man.

Suki
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 04:23 PM
:imwithstupid:

draining the oil and other routine maintenance can easily be done by yourself or someone else here is always more than willing to help. there's no reason to pay an ungodly amount of money to have them do it, unless you care about that silly warranty. :lol:

the only time i took one of my bikes in was when i had my FZR and i got her some new tires. after that Alan has always done everything on that bike and also on the new bike. AGAIN, make sure if you dont know how to do something, to check with someone that does.

another thing, if you still choose to go to the dealership, just ask them then and there when you drop off and again when you pick up what the service entails and what they will do. then follow up BEFORE you leave. the fuckers at Econo Lube would always try and cut corners on my Z24 and then i'd have to go back. As a girl that always had Papa do stuff for her, he showed me where all the stuff was and what to look for. another time that i went to get an oil change, i had them pop the hood before i left and i went through it all and found that nothing had been done.

so it pays to spend alittle extra time there and make sure it's done right, for the amount of money it costs to have them do the maintenance on your bike, you better damn well do it! :D

slaps5280
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I agree with the last post. You really need to check your stuff before and after you have it worked on. I have had several jobs done there and they did a good job for me.

Clarkie
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Chris called me back this morning and said one of his best 'Kyle' worked on it and while changing the Stator they don't drain any oil. I told him how John told me they have to drain oil when I originally dropped it off, and Chris assured me they don't.

FWIW you shouldnt need to drain the oil on any bike to R&R the stator

txrc51fatboy
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 08:55 PM
only wrenches to touch my bike are my own.
get manual and learn to fix it yourself, use money saved for mods and trackdays

GixerSix
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the advice, you're all big on DIY and I guess it's the only way you know for sure what's being done. Suki that sucks about the oil change good catch; I've gotten flat tires (slashed in the side) from Firestone before and the reason it wasn't a coincidence is because it happened twice my mom's car had a "mysterious flat" and so did mine after a "routine" oil change.

TMP
Wed Jul 11th, 2007, 12:04 AM
You never know these days..... It's really hard to find someone you can trust. I too have learned the DYI method.

pilot
Wed Jul 11th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Once you become "friends" with the manager, they not only have the business name on the line, they are also in it for "their" word. The shop guys know that he'll be watching extra careful and tend to do better work.

It would be great if every car/bike shop treated everybody like they were the only customer. But this aint' Mayberry.

I like the service smaller shops provide. That, and you can pay in beer.

GixerSix
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:53 AM
only wrenches to touch my bike are my own.
get manual and learn to fix it yourself, use money saved for mods and trackdays

Just changed my brake pads myself (EBC HH), DIY!!

Chris the service manager from Fay Meyers ended up reading this very post, and he didn't offer anything. Another friend of mine told me Ralph Schomp bought Fay and fired a whole bunch of good wrenches...

McVaaahhh
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:37 PM
Another reason to take your bike to TFOG.

derekm
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:03 PM
Another friend of mine told me Ralph Schomp bought Fay and fired a whole bunch of good wrenches...

they started doing UA's

ghostrider_9
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 01:54 PM
they started doing UA's

WTF is a UA?

Suki
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Urine Analysis?

Jason ON
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Unidentified Affiliations?

Suki