PDA

View Full Version : Click from left clipon????

Sparker
Sun Jun 6th, 2004, 04:42 PM
So I am riding down from woodland park todayand as soon as i get to the bottom and get to a stoplight i hear and feel a click coming from my left clip on. i kinda feel it in the clutch lever. the click comes from the left clipon, not from anywhere else on the bike. it does it regardless of whether its in gear or not. couldnt figure out if it does it when its running or not. i will try that again. its close to being due for an oil change. maybe the clutch cable or perhaps the whole clutch. it only does it at like 4mph. it only clicks once too. its not repeating until i get going faster than then come to a stop. any ideas?

Sparker
Sun Jun 6th, 2004, 08:24 PM
loose clip on. i rode around the block like 100 times. found out it was only doing it when the front brakes were being used. i didnt notice this before cause i use my front brakes more than my rear. so i thought maybe it was a suspension thing. i had it a little hard on the forks so i loosened it up alittle. still clicked. so i figured what the hell, do a stoppie. probably not the smartest thing if i did have a suspension problem. well after that it wasnt clicking. so i came to the conclusion that my clip on was loose. would explain it since it was windy today and i rode int he mtns. i was yanking on that clip on. so i tightened it up(not as easy as it sounds) and its working just fine now.

(( LO LO ))
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 06:55 AM
See, a little determination, and you can find the solution to any problem. Give yourself a pat on the back Josh, because you just saved yourself some $$. I bet your glad you didn't take it to a shop.