PDA

View Full Version : Boot advice needed

NorCALSpeed
Sun Jun 6th, 2004, 09:58 PM
About to order boots. My choice is down to Diadora Evolution or the Gaerne Shockwave. The Diadora's are $150 and the Gaerne's are $200. The main difference I can see is the Gaerne's are perforated. Do boots really get that hot here during the summer? I want to order something tommorow. Thank You.

PharmerKyle
Sun Jun 6th, 2004, 10:03 PM
I've found it much faster to cool a hot foot down than to warm a cold foot up. I chose to keep extra socks around and not worry about being uncomfortably warm. If you plan on riding up in the mountains at all, I'd skip the perf. Carry some flip-flops in your tank bag for when you arrive. :idea:

Rick T.
Sun Jun 6th, 2004, 10:18 PM
I've found it much faster to cool a hot foot down than to warm a cold foot up. I chose to keep extra socks around and not worry about being uncomfortably warm. If you plan on riding up in the mountains at all, I'd skip the perf. Carry some flip-flops in your tank bag for when you arrive. :idea:

Excellent advise! I'll try the flip flop thing and maybe carry some board shorts (they roll up in a nice ball) next time we head out for a long day.

My race boots are perforated Sidis. My street boots (Alpinestars) are not...