PDA

View Full Version : ??power loss , ducati 998??

duc998cs
Sun Jun 6th, 2004, 10:52 PM
mmmm

Sparker
Sun Jun 6th, 2004, 11:09 PM
my first thought would be a clogged fuel line system. since it ran fine at full throttle for a little while. i would get a good fuel system cleaner and full it up with new gas at the same time. put the fuel system cleaner in first and then right away gas. i would think that would fix it up. i dontk now if it has made its way to CO, but i know that Shell has ben having problems with its gas down south. not really related directly to what your having, but ya never know.

Sparker
Sun Jun 6th, 2004, 11:10 PM
If you do not have advise relating to this , please dont post .

Better keep Briz away from it then.

duc998cs
Sun Jun 6th, 2004, 11:19 PM
mmmmmmm

Sparker
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 06:37 AM
that happens on Suzukis when there is a problem. even something slight that isnt right it throws the Fi light on and kills the power so you have to pull over so you wont do any damage.

Anonymous
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Try just draining the gas and putting new in? Could just be a bad tank.

duc998cs
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 10:08 AM
the only thing is i went 50 + miles on that gas and had great power ,could it still be bad or no

Anonymous
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Anything's possible... Maybe there was just some crud in there that finally clogged the filter? Even with the crappy prices, gas in a bike still isn't terribly expensive. IF it were me I'd drain it, clean the filter very well, maybe even flush the tank to get any crap out of there. May as well clean the line and make sure the rest of the fuel system is ok while you're at it.

What did the plugs look like? What color are they? Wet or dry?

duc998cs
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 01:40 PM
mmmmmmmmm

Anonymous
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Clogged injectors?

duc998cs
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 01:45 PM
mmmmmmmmmm

Dub
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Make sure your fuel lines aren't pinched between the tank and frame. This happens alot after lifting the tank up and setting it down again.

Dave

duc998cs
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 07:32 PM
well shes going to the doctor , thought i could save her but isnt going to happen :(

R1ch
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 07:33 PM
If it is under warr I would take it back it to a dealership. One up in Denver (not here). If you need it, I have a truck we can take it up there and drop it off. (I hauled my r1 down from denver with it) I am off on friday which is the earlist it could happen. If you had the service manual (not the owners manual), you could check some of the electronics using an multi meter. They usually even instructions on how to check the coils which I have had an intermittant coil that had similar symptoms as yours. Let me know.

duc998cs
Tue Jun 8th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Well she's at the doctor now and will be for about 2 weeks . :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: