PDA

View Full Version : Another 7/1/07 Video

dm_gsxr
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 07:47 PM
This is the one over Loveland Pass. It's 65 megabytes so I'd suggest right clicking and saving it. It'll probably be a tad easier.

Again. The camera's a little zoomed in so things are farther away than they look. A couple of spots look like really bad passes (the Radioactive truck for instance). Remember, we can see farther than the camera can.

Also, this shows the roughed up corners where they're doing construction. Man that was a pain. I hate washboard roads.

http://www.schelin.org/20070701/20070701.LovelandPass.wmv

Enjoy.

Carl

Slo
Tue Jul 10th, 2007, 08:36 PM
holy headaches..... I watched it through to about 12 minutes or so, was the ride even enjoyable with the traffic, bumps, road construction and such?

dm_gsxr
Wed Jul 11th, 2007, 06:43 AM
holy headaches..... I watched it through to about 12 minutes or so, was the ride even enjoyable with the traffic, bumps, road construction and such?

The bike's set up with pretty stiff settings. At the CSC tech day, Dave pushed on the bike he was working on and explained that the base suspension set up should have about an inch of bounce. Mine is set up with about an eight of an inch. I replaced the front springs back in March so I need to reset it (it's a little off right now).

And also remember the camera's mounted to the bike so it's experiencing more bouncing especially with the tight suspension. I've been working on a stabilizer but didn't connect it up that day. Plus we have our own natural dampening so even though I have a tight suspension, I don't really feel it all that much.

Traffic was actually pretty light I thought. The road construction was the worst part though but it was only in a few places so it was over quickly.

Carl

Edit: Also, because it's zoomed, bounces are exaggerated a tad.

600F3
Wed Jul 11th, 2007, 11:23 PM

12 minutes, your a better man than me i only made it through about 4 :) looked like a good ride though

pilot
Thu Jul 12th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Carl,
Thank you for taping the run. It was nice to see the route up toward Leadville at the 12:30 mark on the tape. Scenic run that day.