PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered the Distanzias

tarded400
Wed Jul 11th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Alright- thanks to Beuller for making up my mind on this, and krod for discouraging it, I ordered a pair of distanzias in SM compound. Hopefully they'll be in next week- the rear is on back order. So if I go down on these, (which I probably will) you guys will know who to blame. I'll hopefully get some footage if I start slidin it around.

Bueller
Wed Jul 11th, 2007, 08:39 PM
You're gonna hurt yourself :lol:

tarded400
Wed Jul 11th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the confidence! Gotta learn some how... Just some more scuffs on he leathers.

krod
Sat Jul 14th, 2007, 12:26 AM
If ya don't crash ya not riding hard enough:turtle:

tarded400
Wed Jul 18th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Well... just got the tracking number. They should be here saturday. Thats great so I can hop on over to moto adventure and get tubes once I ruin a couple. Wish me luck!

krod
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Any of you fucks going to IMI this weekend? I was thinking about taking the DRZ out its getting rusted up sitting in the garage.

Bueller
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 09:54 PM
get a god damn dirtbike you rude bastig

tarded400
Sun Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Well I got my tires in saturday, got em on by saturday night. Had to take em to the tire store by my house to get the beads broken after I snapped the handle on my levered "press". Was coming up to a stop light, dropped a couple of gears, popped the clutch, bingo! Instant slipper clutch. Seemed to do alright when warm, but didn't push them very hard. Went into the dirt a little, but it was all rocky and not smooth, so... we'll just have to see. Might see if I can make a track day soon. Oh- and krod- bring the DRZ. That will be interesting to see.

tarded400
Sun Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:20 PM
Forgot to add- had some trouble jumping. I always came down on the front wheel way harder than I want to. I think I may be leaning back too much. Its hard to overcome my natural instinct... Any help?

Bueller
Sun Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:26 PM
Are you saying you are landing front wheel first or slapping the front down from landing on the rear and slamming the front?

tarded400
Sun Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:29 PM
Landing front wheel first

Bueller
Sun Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
You want to land front first, just a touch before the rear, if you are going to far forward blip the throttle, if you are too far back hit the back brake. This will correct your flight path. At the bottom of the jump compress your suspension by loading it with your weight and then jump up when your springs unload on the top of the approach. Throttle control is real important on the face of the jump, you might be accelerating too long, causing the rear end come over on you.

krod
Sun Jul 22nd, 2007, 10:12 PM
Watch the throttle just b/f the jump to much and ya end up landing without a bike :lol:

Bueller
Mon Jul 23rd, 2007, 05:36 AM
Watch the throttle just b/f the jump to much and ya end up landing without a bike :lol:
:squid:

krod
Mon Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:06 PM
Want to go to Watkins and train this week?