PDA

View Full Version : For fellow SV650 riders

smobag
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 12:53 AM
So I was just about to venture out on my SV to a friends casa when it rained like a mofo today on me. Then by C470 it turned into partial hail. ROFL I got pwned. Anywho, decided to turn back and noticed how shitty my front tire was doing on I-25. Now i know your tires WILL move around but not like this damn tire.

My question:

Sv riders, anyone else have shitty times with their stock tires? I am thinking about upgrading to m1's as these make me a bit uneasy even at 30 mph.

King Nothing
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 07:19 AM
is the pressure correct on the front tire? I never had any real problems with my SV. My bike came with dunlop 220's I think.

lightning126zp
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 07:59 AM
No, not here. When you drive through grooved roads - you will feel it a little. Do check your tire pressure.

EssVee
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Have not had any out of the ordinary problems, but I don't have too much experience to draw on. When you trade your 3 year old, hard, squared-off stock tires for Dunlop qualifiers, you feel like a hero in the saddle!

Are you new to the bike? - or is this a recent change in handling? (some hardware loose on the front end?)

Have you traveled that stretch of road before and noticed / not noticed the symptom?

Only in wet weather conditions (regardless of road surface) maybe?

smobag
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Hey yah I have experience riding I-25, I live right off of it near surey ridge goin up the big hill towards Castle. I think you all may be right on tire pressure because the front tire seemed a bit squishy. When i rode my friend's f4i it seemed like i could do anything in the rain lol.