PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:11 AM
I have an oem filter on my 03 636. I pulled it last night and it was completely filthy. I was assuming I could pick one up for $10-$15...boy was I wrong. I called Performance, Sun Honda, and TFOG, all could get me OEM, BMC or K&N. As stated earlier, i didn't really want to spend in upward of $40 for an air filter.

I've heard that filters can be washed and re-used. So i'm all for doing that, but i have no clue as to how to do it w/o destroying my filter. Any help would be appreciated. I know BMC & K&N are 1 time buys, but i've also heard that sticking w/ OEM is best.

konichd
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Since your a Kawi rider Travis I'll give you $40 to buy a new filter :)

Save the "wash and re-use" for the Suzuki riders.

Repsol a095
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Dave,

It always works for Ken. Crash and then wash and then reuse.

konichd
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I'd be surprised if Ken even has an air filter in that Zuk :lol:

Travis, the stock might be a paper-type filter, your better off replacing it with a BMC or K&N. People will tell you that you'll lose a little HP (only 1-2HP at the most) but at least you have a filter that will last the entire life of the bike. Remind me never to use your maintenace program though :)

Repsol a095
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah, you're probably right. UnSuk thinks that it fell off somewhere because Ken didn't have enough zip-ties.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Since your a Kawi rider Travis I'll give you $40 to buy a new filter :)

Save the "wash and re-use" for the Suzuki riders.
Send the payment via paypal
Paypal account - Tjosifek@hotmail.com (-Tjosifek@hotmail.com) :lol:

konichd
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Meet me at Performance this afternoon when I order a shitload of parts and I'll let you put it on my tab :) Be there @ 2 pm

Repsol a095
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Ummmm..... Dk, I need some new brake pads. Put those on your tab as well.

konichd
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I gotz no luv for a Yamaha rider

Repsol a095
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Don't be mad at the Yamis because we are the real riders. But then again I am only the rider I am because I followed your line on the 4th.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Meet me at Performance this afternoon when I order a shitload of parts and I'll let you put it on my tab :) Be there @ 2 pmUm...my sarcasm meter doesn't seem to be working correctly today...

rybo
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Um...my sarcasm meter doesn't seem to be working correctly today...

I say show up at 2PM and get DK to make good on his offer!

~Barn~
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 12:00 PM
With as much money as DK as stewing in, I'd have him Fed-Ex it to you. Overnight is always best.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 12:15 PM
2 o'clock it is!

Mel
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 01:00 PM
hey, while you are there, you wanna pick me up some stuff too? I need a new leather jacket...whatever you think I will look hot in works. :D

Gramps
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I'd be surprised if Ken even has an air filter in that Zuk :lol:

Travis, the stock might be a paper-type filter, your better off replacing it with a BMC or K&N. People will tell you that you'll lose a little HP (only 1-2HP at the most) but at least you have a filter that will last the entire life of the bike. Remind me never to use your maintenace program though :)

do you really want a filter that "last forever"

the dust that kills engines you can't see until it's attached to your crank that fell out because of sludge

wash those filters if ya want I think I had rather just replace a good old paper filter and keep my ponies and all my engine parts:)

dapper
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Um...my sarcasm meter doesn't seem to be working correctly today...
I know the feeling...yesterday was my 'check sarcasm light' day

The K&N/BMC filters work good with oil. Every filter works well when dirty...

The stainless steel filters have been known to hurt turbos in cars.