PDA

View Full Version : Damn chain lube!!!

Raptor
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:56 AM
So, is this just the way it's supposed to be? Lube the chain, ride, wash and detail all surrounding parts of chain lube splatter, lube chain, etc, repeat, repeat...:banghead:

A coworker suggested Belray, says it doesn't do that. Is that true?

~Barn~
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I prefer chain wax myself. The application is a little bit more involved, but after it sets, there's very little "fling".

rybo
Fri Jul 13th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I'm a big fan of the Honda HP lube. It's PFTE (teflon) suspended in alcohol. The Alcohol evaporates and leaves the teflon behind to do it's job. No splatter.

600F3
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I'm a big fan of the Honda HP lube. It's PFTE (teflon) suspended in alcohol. The Alcohol evaporates and leaves the teflon behind to do it's job. No splatter.

+1 thats the same stuff I use, works great. I wash my bike first, clean the chain, and the wheel, lube and let sit for 10-15 min. Then use chain cleaner to clean up the sproket and the wheel of any over spray. just my .02?

dm_gsxr
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Chain wax for me too. When I get back from a ride and I'm at about 300 miles or so, I throw the bike up on the rear stand and apply the wax. It lets it "soak" in and set.

When I clean the chain at about 1000 miles I run it around the block and when I get back, I again throw the bike on the rear stand and apply the wax.

I don't get any fling and the chain stays lubed.

Carl

Doron&Katie
Fri Jul 20th, 2007, 11:41 AM
+1...............Honda chain lube in the red can.