PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh - Bike problem

1000RR
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Missy is going to kill me. I'm sure she will blame me for this...

So, I rode Kitty Kat's new 919 to work today. All is well, bike rode like a champ until I pulled into the garage. Literally one second before I was going to hit the kill switch, the bike just dies. This sucker won't crank for shit, and the FI light is on.

In the spirit of K.I.S.S, I check the fuses, sure enough the Fuel injection system fuse has popped. I put in the spare, turn the key and immediately when I press the kill switch to "on", it pops the fuse. The above scenario happens 4 more times with fresh fuses from Napa.

Now, I'm not too concerned because the bike is under warranty, but getting it to the shop will be a royal bitch. Any of you tech heads have any idea what I can check myself before I figure out how to get it to the shop?

TIA

Mr. Turbo
Mon Jun 7th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Sounds like a short circuit in the wiring, i'd check to see if anything powering the fuel injection is frayed or otherwise, past that it may have cooked a computer board! Sounds like a short in the power to the FI computer, or maybe the fuel pump? something that is turned on by that kill switch.

1000RR
Tue Jun 8th, 2004, 01:01 PM
We sent the bike in for servicing. It was time for the break in service anyway.

Crossing my fingers here, hoping they get this thing sorted out before Kitty Kat's classes this weekend. If not, I guess she will be taking the classes on board my CBR... :?

1000RR
Tue Jun 8th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Problem solved.

The bike had "a loose connection not uncommon with new bikes"

Rick T.
Tue Jun 8th, 2004, 06:30 PM
We sent the bike in for servicing. It was time for the break in service anyway.

Crossing my fingers here, hoping they get this thing sorted out before Kitty Kat's classes this weekend. If not, I guess she will be taking the classes on board my CBR... :?

What classes... where?

1000RR
Tue Jun 8th, 2004, 06:42 PM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7034