PDA

View Full Version : Takin' the Moto to the track

dues201
Sun Jul 15th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Im looking for someone to help me get into track days with my new supermoto. I just moved to denver a month or so ago and also purchased a 450smr that ive been using on the street. I dont have any road track experience, but Im not a beginner rider.
Im not quite ready, I still need to pick some stuff up for the bike, leathers, and aquire some tools that I thought I wouldnt need out here. If your someone that hits up a sm track of any type and wouldnt mind someone taggin along let me know.

krod
Sun Jul 15th, 2007, 09:58 PM
I'm there almost every sunday be happy to help ya out.

dues201
Mon Jul 16th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks, I think I know what I need, but would like to hear from someone else. What are the basics that I should be bringing? Do I need to saftey wire anything on the smr, replace the coolant? anything Im not thinking of?

Bueller
Mon Jul 16th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Nothing is required to ride at IMI (except helmet, jacket and gloves) although axle and handlebar slider will save you some grief and prevent surface damage if you should taste asphault. The safety wire is a good thing, and if you were to wet the track it would be nice if it wasn't antifreeze because that is such a bitch to clean up.

krod
Mon Jul 16th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks, I think I know what I need, but would like to hear from someone else. What are the basics that I should be bringing? Do I need to saftey wire anything on the smr, replace the coolant? anything Im not thinking of?

Bring fresh tires ,some ballz and stay away from DAVE :slappers:

Filo
Tue Jul 17th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Stay away from both Krod and Bueller. They both crash frequently. They claim it is because they are "fast", but really it is because they are "bad riders". They get all scared and jittery when there are bigger bikes on the track too, so you might want to pretend yours is a 250.

On to your real questions - I would get axle, handle bar, and peg sliders, change the coolant to water/water wetter, and get a leather suit (the dirt bike gear doesn't work too well sometimes, right Dave?). You don't need to safety wire, unless you are racing, but make sure things are tight. Finally, bring good tires that are properly inflated.

Bueller
Tue Jul 17th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Bring fresh tires ,some ballz and stay away from DAVE :slappers:
I'll T-bone yer ass!

Stay away from both Krod and Bueller. They both crash frequently. They claim it is because they are "fast", but really it is because they are "bad riders".

Scoreboard MutherFucker! :doublefinger:

dues201
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Wheres a good place to pick up tires. I dont want to pay a ton on mounting either.

Bueller
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 09:13 PM
what are you lookng for? Performance cycle is a good bet
I change my own, but Faster/TK is fair.

dues201
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Well since I dont have place, time to change my own id like to put something on that I can use on the track as well as use up on the street.

krod
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I have a set of pirelli DOT take off's with only 1 track day on them. 150.00 for the set.

Bueller
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 09:45 PM
I'll trade you my pilot power take offs for them, 2/3 tread left

krod
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 09:48 PM
For you there 250.00:p. I have 2 sets..... What bike ya want them for?

Bueller
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 09:51 PM
probably the ktm, got 1 set for pmp, will need more after that

krod
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 09:55 PM
I have a good set of slicks ya can have for the Miller race. If ya need the pirelli's I will bring them to IMI this weekend.

dues201
Fri Jul 20th, 2007, 08:52 AM
what time are you guys going to be at IMI this weekend, Id really like to drive up and see what its all about, before I go and spend any more money outfitting myself to bring the bike.
I ended up buying a couple of sets of slicks that I got at a good price, but still would like to get a set of leathers before I get the bike on the track.

Bueller
Fri Jul 20th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I'll be on the trails this weekend.

krod
Fri Jul 20th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I'll be on the trails this weekend.

PUSSY:turtle:

krod
Fri Jul 20th, 2007, 08:58 PM
what time are you guys going to be at IMI this weekend, Id really like to drive up and see what its all about, before I go and spend any more money outfitting myself to bring the bike.
I ended up buying a couple of sets of slicks that I got at a good price, but still would like to get a set of leathers before I get the bike on the track.

YER in luck I have a set of shift leathers size 48 I will sell ya for 150.00. I paid 1200.00 for these, been crashed a few times but are still useable:banghead:

Bueller
Fri Jul 20th, 2007, 09:13 PM
PUSSY:turtle:

I think you almost hurt my last feeling:puppy:

It'll be 10-15 deg cooler up there and I can ride whenever and as long as I want, and I am going to go chop down that fuckin' tree the hit me last weekend!

krod
Fri Jul 20th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Have fun bro....

dues201
Sat Jul 21st, 2007, 07:52 AM
YER in luck I have a set of shift leathers size 48 I will sell ya for 150.00. I paid 1200.00 for these, been crashed a few times but are still useable:banghead:

do you have a picture of them at all. Ill take them if theyll fit.

krod
Sat Jul 21st, 2007, 09:43 PM
Sorry no pics but I will bring them to IMI I should be out there around 10:00 or so. Dodge truck with a KTM Jim

dues201
Sat Jul 21st, 2007, 09:49 PM
Ill try and make it up there around then. White 2500hd W/ grey topper

eklew
Sat Jul 21st, 2007, 11:55 PM
Sorry no pics but I will bring them to IMI I should be out there around 10:00 or so. Dodge truck with a KTM Jim

Dodge? What happened to the Taco?

krod
Sun Jul 22nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
Got rid of it. Bought a fricken Dodge:turtle:. IMI was great today Bjorn and me had the track all to ourselves:rock:

Bueller
Sun Jul 22nd, 2007, 08:07 PM
Get a room you two!

Was it hot?

krod
Sun Jul 22nd, 2007, 08:13 PM
Yea must have been close to 100. Jorgenson helped me out with my slide. I can back it in through the grand stand corner now.:yay: