PDA

View Full Version : Power Commander

Airreed
Tue Jun 8th, 2004, 07:36 PM
I have a couple question inregards to power commanders. Since I put the Jardines on my RC51 its been running a bit rich, so a PC would smooth out everything and maximize the pipes to their potential.

What is the big difference in the PCIIIR and the PCUSB, i would think that the USB would retail for more since its the "newest" model but the IIIR is priced a bit higher?

Also, where is the best place to purchase them, I think the cheapest I've seen is $278.00 at hardracing.com.

Jason
Airreed

1000RR
Tue Jun 8th, 2004, 07:51 PM
I think the IIIR lets you adjust ignition timing as well as fuel ratios, thus the price difference.

PCIII USB is $255.00 from Motorcycle Riders, Inc. I order form them all the time and Highly recommend them. Nick (at MRI) is a stand up guy.

http://ridersinc.com

Bueller
Tue Jun 8th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Since I put the Jardines on my RC51 its been running a bit rich

They should have leaned it out if you replaced stock cans.
The USB version works very well on my SV but the map supplied for my exhaust wasn't quite right but very easy to adjust.
I paid $257 + $11 shipping from parts411.com

KooLaid
Wed Jun 9th, 2004, 02:21 AM
usb version is inching closer to the trickness of the yosh ems system, but 99% certain the usb does no have ignition adjustment, like the 3r. But then again, you really don't need it for a stock motor. The usb I know for sure, has the option of adding on a quick shifter and soon possibly more toys.

Khalid 171
Wed Jun 9th, 2004, 04:47 AM
The PCIIIr is used to tune Air/Fuel and Timing. Check out www.indysuperbike.com or like Bueller said www.parts411.com

After you get the power commander go to www.dynojet.com and download all the maps for your bike. Then you can just play around with all the different maps for your bike, until you find one you like best. Or take it down to TK motorsports and have them do a custom map for your bike. :up:

3/4gixxer
Thu Jun 17th, 2004, 04:11 PM
I've got the PCIIIr and yes it adjusts timing as well as A/F. USB might actually be better going forward. It's supposed to have an easier interface and already has the quickshift add on. Rumor is that this fall, another add on will be available to adjust timing as well. 8)