PDA

View Full Version : Only four positions left for students at the Total Control Advance Rider Clinic for

pilot
Wed Jul 18th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Down to three, possibly two spots.

July 28th, 2007. Full day of training. This course is highly recommended for any rider who has their own bike, is comfortable with their riding and is looking to improve upon their skill sets for the road and track.

Several CSC members have taken the course and have come away with definable improvements in their technique, ability to react effectively to situations on the street and riding safety.

"In today's age of high-horsepower superbikes, large-displacement cruisers and super-heavy-weight tourers, riding skills are more important than ever for safe, fun motorcycling. Unfortunately for experienced riders, there is a large gap between the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Experienced RiderCourse (ERC) and the many racetrack schools around the country. Many riders are interested in improving their skills but are unwilling to take on the additional risks associated with a high-speed environment. If you fit into the "I'm interested" group, you're not alone. In fact, if you add up all the attendees of all the race schools together, they only represent a tiny percentage of street riders. This is not to say they are not good schools. To the contrary, they have much to offer. But they are not for everyone. Fortunately, Lee Parks' Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic (Total Control ARC) has a solution for those experienced riders "caught in the middle," as well as those track-day junkies and racers who want to be able to further enhance their skills in a controlled environment with expert instruction."

http://www.t3rg.com/default.html

pilot
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 07:39 AM
bump

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 11:01 AM
ouch...$295.00

Kendo
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 11:29 AM
For me it was well worth it, it definitely has changed the way I ride now.....

Everyone may walk away with something different, but I thought it was well worth it.

pilot
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 01:23 PM
ouch...$295.00

The price/skills development appears to be in-line with other courses:

Ricky Orlando:

Advanced Track Session “street”: If you own a sportbike and would like to learn the limits of it safely, this is the course for you. Cornering, braking, body position, identifying turns and proper line choice are items covered. Full leathers and gear required. 5 hours of track and classroom time. Students provide bike.
Next Adv. Track Session is August 6, 2007 (in Pueblo) $295

Pridmore's Star school:1 Day $360.00
2 Days $675.00:
STAR Motorcycle School will teach you skills in:
- Concentration, Relaxation, and Breathing- Smoothness- Visual Skills and Awareness- Discipline- Body Position- Cornering Lines- Steering Techniques- Shifting Techniques- Braking Techniques- Reference Points- Managing and Optimizing Traction- Overcoming Panic- Suspension and Chassis Basics

Keith Code's California Superbike cornering skills:
$450 1 day/$2250 2 Day:

When you come to our LEVEL I cornering school you get a full briefing on each of the six most common errors riders from novice to world class racers make and why you make them. We give you the ways and the means (on-track exercises) to correct and control such observable errors as: uncertain corner entry speeds, rider generated instability, intermittent traction, sloppy turn entry positioning, imprecise steering and poor bike/rider interface. Then we tease you with a taste of the level II drills; vision and corner positioning. These drills aren't vague guesses about riding, they're Crystal Clear.

uberwench
Thu Jul 19th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Agreed. Especially if that's not a typo and Keith Code's 2 day class really is $2250!!

dillinger09
Mon Jul 23rd, 2007, 08:58 AM
BAH! i have a TD the very next day at hastings. when is the next time this course is offered?

pilot
Mon Jul 23rd, 2007, 09:01 AM
Agreed. Especially if that's not a typo and Keith Code's 2 day class really is $2250!!Taken right from his website.

BAH! i have a TD the very next day at hastings. when is the next time this course is offered?Looks like it will be in the second or third week of August. I feel your pain. The CSC trackday is the very next morning and it will be tough for me to do that...

uberwench
Mon Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:35 AM
The CSC trackday is the very next morning and it will be tough for me to do that...

And there's Vanmar track day at Pueblo on Monday. I'm going to be at all three days. Motorcycle immersion therapy.

pilot
Mon Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:51 AM
And there's Vanmar track day at Pueblo on Monday. I'm going to be at all three days. Motorcycle immersion therapy.So true. Looks as if I'll be in MC stuff all weekend through Monday.

crunch
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Looks like it will be in the second or third week of August.

I looked at the schedule and did not see those dates. Are they just not posted there? Which location?

I would love to do this, but call me a wuss if you like, I just can't handle riding in parking lots in my leathers @ 150,000 degrees outside, it makes me :crazy::shocked::scream1:

That said, if a spot is still open when I get back into town on friday afternoon, I might not be able to resist a little extra training. It is DEFINITELY the best modification you can make on your bike!!!!

pilot
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 11:54 PM
I looked at the schedule and did not see those dates. Are they just not posted there? Which location?

I would love to do this, but call me a wuss if you like, I just can't handle riding in parking lots in my leathers @ 150,000 degrees outside, it makes me :crazy::shocked::scream1:

That said, if a spot is still open when I get back into town on friday afternoon, I might not be able to resist a little extra training. It is DEFINITELY the best modification you can make on your bike!!!!We just looked at finalizing those August dates. Keep an eye on the website. Yep, you'll drink quite a bit of water that day.