PDA

View Full Version : Have full gear? COME RIDE!!

Anonymous
Thu Jun 10th, 2004, 03:18 PM
We're relaxing the requirements on the R2SL race a bit - as long as you're legal to ride on a normal trackday (i.e. FULL gear, etc) you can come ride with us. We're still going to do a cursory tech inspection on your bike to make sure it isn't leaking or falling apart prior to you being allowed out, but you don't have to be a licensed racer to ride in this thing. Come do it! :up:

This means all of you who wanted to ride in this but aren't race-licensed or haven't taken a school, can come out and do it now! You just need the same gear requirements as a normal trackday, which means a full suit (one or two piece), motorcycle boots, long gloves, and a full helmet. We also recommend a back protector - they can be had for $45 now and are well worth the safety they add.

So how do you ride in R2SL? Go to the website and sign up! Pre-registration is key, if you just show up out of the blue you'll be stuck paying the $45 fee to SCR to ride. We're offering it for $20 for every 3 hour session you're signed up for, all we ask is that you keep the bike running as long as possible out there (form a team?) and stick to the slot you sign up for, so that we can adequately keep things safe and fun.

http://www.racing2savelives.org

We need riders! Sign up now! You'll even get a cool shirt for it. Of course, we encourage ALL riders to download the pledge form and sign up pledges for their miles. We'll record your total distance by use of the MRA's transponder system and tally 'em up at the end. :up:

friscokidd
Thu Jun 10th, 2004, 04:26 PM
I signed up and they said that they would contact me......I have heard nothing. Should i just wait, or try to call some one??

Anonymous
Thu Jun 10th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Who said they would? Suzanne?

Dysco
Thu Jun 10th, 2004, 06:23 PM
I think he means the message that says they'll be contacting you soon after submitting the form.

So...... Who wants to let me ride their bike?

FZRguy
Sun Jun 20th, 2004, 10:17 PM
So...... Who wants to let me ride their bike?

Ride a team bike with me on Monday from 6 to dark. Dean might join us also.