PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Tire Question

fright88
Thu Jun 10th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Ok I asked a guy at Performance Cycle but he didn't seem to know. But I am wondering what is the difference between a front and rear tire? Other than size that is. I know it is a stupid question but figgured I should know.

Brizz
Thu Jun 10th, 2004, 08:16 PM
The front one is faster than the rear one

fright88
Thu Jun 10th, 2004, 08:17 PM
ha

Mr. Turbo
Thu Jun 10th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Making a guess here, but i'm willing to bet that the tread pattern and load ratings are different for tires even if they are the same size if they are a front or a rear. I don't know if it'd be all that good an idea to have a front on the rear, or vice versa.

Dysco
Thu Jun 10th, 2004, 09:49 PM
This is an important question depending on the intended use. For hard street/track riding, I would worry. On a big bike, I would worry. That said, I run two front on 2 of my race bikes which weigh a total of 360lbs together. I also run two rear tires on my street bike in the winter. Frankly I've never really experienced a problem, except the world's crappiest cornering with a knobby rear tire on the front.

fright88
Thu Jun 10th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Well currently it will be used on a nearly 800 lb pig of a bike. But I also plan on getting into sportbikes when I get rid of my car and free up my money. (Insurance being a huge issue here). Just curious because I see both listed in the same size sometimes for different costs and wondered what the difference.