PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic afternoon/eve for a ride

pilot
Mon Jul 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Yes, it certainly was. Even managed to run some new twisties that no one has mentioned before ~~ 11 miles 155 turns. Then we scooted down to Pine and had dinner at the Buck Snort. After that we jaunted home via Foxton (new pavement going down as we speak!). On the way back we passed several riders going up Turkey and Deer Creek for the evening. Watch out for the deer, boys.

TMP
Mon Jul 23rd, 2007, 09:41 PM
11 miles 155 turns!!!!!!!! Enlighten me PLEASE!!!!!!!

pilot
Mon Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:24 PM
The Doctor says: This only for riders who can handle fast elevation changes through corners with sand, deer, traffic, blind corners. Do not take this road while on any medication. Oh, did I mention you'll need pucks?

Seriously, I wouldn't take someone on this road, or even tell them where it is unless I knew they were in full safety gear. They were a skilled twisties rider, and weren't too concerned about scratching their bike. The chance of going down on this road is pretty strong if one pushes it a bit too much. Hard turns come up very fast on the downhill. For those of you who are familiar with High Grade Road between Deer Creek and Pleasant Park, well, this road is a combo of that and lookout mountain except that it is tree-lined the entire route. I'd say it has 2 k in elevation changes.

I'm more than happy to take a few select (yes, I'm not a nice guy who just shares with everyone willy~nilly) riders on this road. I took a couple of racers on it the other day and even they said that the road is very "different" and not for most riders.

suzinpink
Mon Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:29 PM
<----- pick me

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 06:52 AM
No way.

pilot
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 08:35 AM
<----- pick meWhy, are you ripe? I might have to squeeze the melons... just as a formality, of course.

daemon
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 08:42 AM
well at least enlighten us as to it's location.
not all of us try to go all balls.

pilot
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 09:13 AM
well at least enlighten us as to it's location.
not all of us try to go all balls.Nope.

And here's why. The only bikes I have seen up there is the those that live up there. If the word gets out to the general riding populace every front-range yahoo on a bike will be up there in no-time. Then, this place will be riddled with pissed locals and the cops will be out in force.

If you want to see it from me then you can arrange to meet me and we'll chat. Part of the gig is that you'll have to agree not to tell/show anyone else where it is. I know, this sounds hard-ass and I'm sure that some will bitch about it (free country and all).

It's getting to the point that most roads are too heavily patrolled to have a bit of fun on. Look at what happened to Coal Creek and Golden Gate. Man, they got straights good for 60+ and the speed is locked to 35. Then there is Berthoud Pass, were Jeff got nailed in a 1/2 mile straight. The max speed was 40--give me a break! And what is with all the double yellow lines going down all over the place??? *I rant*

Yeah, sure, I know, don't speed, take it to the track, yada ya. In pretty much all the rides I've been on the "crew" has been clipping into the triples. The only guy I haven't seen do this was an instructor and he held it to 70 max. My hat is off to that guy and since then I've tended to slow it down in the straights. Now corners, that is a different story.

Again, too many bikes, too many yahoos.

daemon
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 09:18 AM
i could live with that arrangment and follow it's rules.
i tend to get bored of the same old route and try to find others.
i also promise to not run video of it either.

although i'm sure you would leave me dusted in any setting. i also have been known to tick off a few locals,but as you said.
sometimed the roads speed limits are a flipping joke.
EX: rist canyon........30MPH. give me a break

pilot
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't mind a clip here and there. As long as it wouldn't give it away. PM me and we'll set something up.