PDA

View Full Version : ZX10R fork rebuild help

counterfit zx10r
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 12:31 AM
So I got Race Tech internals (piston and springs) and I got one fork all apart but I can't get the internal Cartridge apart to get the old piston out and replace it. Only thing I've been able to do is :banghead: for the past 2 hours. All that the service manual says about it is "do not take this apart" which kinda defeats the purpose of rebuilding the forks. Anyone have any idea on how I can get this apart? Or should I just have some ohlins front shocks rush shipped for the CSC track day this Sunday (not that I have that kinda money but I think I could make it work somehow) I attached the pic showing what part exactally i'm having problems with, it's 44023 and i'm trying to get the bottom off so i can get to the piston.

PS, if i'm that retarded and that's not where the piston is, please be gentle but i'm 99.9% sure that it's hiding inside there

rybo
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Get in touch with IRDAVE on the board here. His name is Dave Rose and he is an expert in this area.

970-222-9597

pilot
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Dave= yes.

Also, try contacting Race Tech's support.

I believe those carts are press fit, but don't quote me on this. Also, I seem to remember Dave saying at Rybo's tech day that this was one of the hardest parts to disassemble.

counterfit zx10r
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I finally got them apart. They do just screw apart but they have some very strong locktite on them and it took more heat then a standard butane torch could put out. And so far, I would agree that it's the hardest part of a motorcycle that I've taken apart yet

Lel
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM
I finally got them apart. They do just screw apart but they have some very strong locktite on them and it took more heat then a standard butane torch could put out. And so far, I would agree that it's the hardest part of a motorcycle that I've taken apart yet

If you have any questions, feel free to come down to Faster and ask Bart or Nick... they know their shit on suspension!

... and I agree completely! suspension is way harder than motor stuff IMO :)