PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

foxfire
Wed Feb 19th, 2003, 01:39 AM
I have a small problem... My bike just went down...hard. Thus far I have noticed, (granted it was dark to there may be more damage that I can't see) but the crank case is cracked and the alternator covering seems to be damaged. No leaking fluid. Any the pipe may be messed up. So my question is this. My bike is a '96 suzuki gs500. I need parts and possibly tech support on putting it back together. Any ideas where I might seek help for not a lot of $$$?
My mechanic/boyfriend is the one who went down. And mucked up both arms,.. well... one shoulder and one hand so he's...... well.. not able to do so much.
Performance takes a while to get parts for my bike and they are $$$...So any other ideas would be of great help.
Thanks
Foxfire :P
PS Watch out for gravel :)

Dysco
Wed Feb 19th, 2003, 06:56 AM
will wrench for food. call my bad self.

Cap
Wed Feb 19th, 2003, 10:21 AM
If you watch E-bay, you may be able to find the parts you need there, at a fraction of the cost. I've had some great success there, I even found a used rear fox shock for my F2 for $150. Retail on a new one is something like $629. Of course, there is some risk involved when getting parts on E-bay. They may have been listed incoorectly by the seller, or the seller could be scamming people, but overall, I'd have to say that my experiences there have been positive.

foxfire
Thu Feb 20th, 2003, 04:05 AM
Thanks I hadn't thought of that.
Dysco- I think I will take you up on that offer. March is very close and I wanta be ready. :P
FF

towneh
Thu Feb 20th, 2003, 06:36 AM
hello ff,
sometimes you need to think about the life expectancy of your bike, how much/what kind of damage has been sustained, and how old you bike is.
then of course there is your budget... sometimes 'used' parts are the best option. Steel's is a good place to go to if you know what you need because if the don't have 'it', they seem to know where to look.... choices are a good thing.
later,
henry

foxfire
Fri Feb 21st, 2003, 03:38 AM
Thanks Henry-
Do you hppen to know where Steel's is? I can look it up but, if ya know off hand..... I think that used is the best way to go, I may be up grading soon anyway.
FF :P

towneh
Fri Feb 21st, 2003, 05:10 AM
it is on the 'shop' list from the main page *with* a map link. but here it is in text...

2025 W. Union Ave., Englewood
(about 1 mile South of Santa Fe & 285)

it's not pretty but it is an option... hope it works out for ya! :)
henry