PDA

View Full Version : 2004 zx10r stolen in pueblo before track day

counterfit zx10r
Sun Jul 29th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Drove down to pueblo lastnight and stayed the night there. Woke up this morning right as someone else was pulling my bike and trailer out of the parking lot. It's a titanium silver zx10r, If anyone see's it or has any info, please please please let me know. There will be a reward for any information leading to recovery on this bike and this guys arrest. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can get them resized.
All I know about the guy that stole it is he looked like he was in his mid to upper 20's and it looked like a new large chevy SUV, something like a tahoe or a little smaller.

tm06r1
Sun Jul 29th, 2007, 10:56 AM
That blows....I will keep my eyes out.

counterfit zx10r
Sun Jul 29th, 2007, 11:17 AM
If he lists it up for sale anywhere, it'll probably be under a 2005 cuz it's the titanum bodywork that they only made in 05. The decals along the front fender, lower cowling and mid cowl make it pretty easy to spot. Also there's a bit of road rash on the left side right behind the headlight that's not shown in the pics.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sun Jul 29th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear about this. I hope you're able to recover it and in good condition.

You might also want to post this up at the MRA website, http://forums.mra-racing.org/ so there are more people keeping an eye out for it.

Good luck.

counterfit zx10r
Sun Jul 29th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I got it back! About 1:45, Pueblo PD called and said they found it, it's mostly all intact still. Thank god for the Pueblo PD, if it had happend in denver i probably never would have found it, but they were even at the hotel within 2 or 3 minutes of calling them. Front brake rotors are bent from the guy driving like he stole it and one section of the left bodywork has a tab or 2 broken off somehow. I'll actually be able to sleep now knowning that my baby is safe and sound in my garage.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sun Jul 29th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Congrats! Great to hear.

pilot
Sun Jul 29th, 2007, 08:48 PM
We all heard about it at the track! News traveled fast! So glad that you got your ride back. Kuddos to the PPD. The bad guys should beware.

counterfit zx10r
Sun Jul 29th, 2007, 11:44 PM
The lowlife that tried to steal it must have realized just how stupid he was being after I chased him through the parking lot, I got out the door right as he started pulling out, but he actually just ditched it in front of some older guys house on 19th and Cheyenne, about 2 miles away from the track. My 2 best friends today were that guy who saw the bike and reported it to the cops and the PPD down there. Wish the day would have gone more as planned but am still very glad I have a bike in my garage. Glad to hear the rest of you guys had fun out there.

Slo
Mon Jul 30th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Damn, glad you got it back but still sucks that you had to deal with this.

Good job for the Pueblo Police Dept though, that was quick. We had a small caravan this morning leaving the Ramada with 5-6 vehicles with trailers or bike in the bed of the trucks and had a couple of PPD staring at us, I wonder if that was the reason.....

Mel
Mon Jul 30th, 2007, 11:27 AM
That's really cool! Glad you got it back!
On a side note, thing I rode with you (accidentally?) down Boulder Canyon last weekend :lol:

cornhuskxr
Tue Jul 31st, 2007, 12:43 AM
WoW that was fast for getting your bike back, I'm glad to hear your garage will not be empty, NOW did you call the cops about your head missing from the pictures you posted?????:crazy:

jplracing
Tue Jul 31st, 2007, 07:21 AM
what hotel were you staying at?

counterfit zx10r
Tue Jul 31st, 2007, 03:32 PM
I stayed at the motel 6, and i just blacked my head out incase the guy that stole it checks the forums and tried to list parts on ebay or something so i could go look at them and he wouldn't recignoize me (i know it's the most likely thing to happen but oh well)

All-Labout-me
Tue Jul 31st, 2007, 03:42 PM
I'm curious. I have a trailer which I lock the doors, hitch, and use a internal hitch lock on. I'm always worried that someone would steal it. Was your trailer locked up when it was taken?

-Doug