PDA

View Full Version : problem with how cables are fed on zx6r

03zx6rrno0b
Mon Jul 30th, 2007, 03:26 PM
hi, i recently bought a zx6rr, the clutch cable was broken so i went in to get it replaced. when i went to go pick up the bike the technician said that there was a problem with how all the cables were being fed through the bike. he said that some of the tiedowns were missing and that everytime the handles turn the cables shift around. also he said that because my clipons are aftermarket they are not safe. i had no idea of these problems as this is my first bike and the the person that i took with when i went to go buy the bike said that everything was ok with it. i have some of the stock parts on the bike but im not sure if they are the ones that i need. if there is anyone in the littleton area that could possibly take a look at it please let me know. if all else fails i might just have to take it back to the shop to get it fixed but just thought that this could be a learning experoience. thanks in advance.

BlueDog
Mon Jul 30th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Unless the clip ons are damaged or just totally not right for that bike, I'm not sure how they are unsafe... Maybe post a picture? Could just be trying to take advantage of you.

konichd
Tue Jul 31st, 2007, 03:19 PM
PM sent

Bashed
Tue Jul 31st, 2007, 07:58 PM
I could post a pic for you from my stock configured cable.
It is a 03 zx6r if it will help.I have noticed that it rubs quite
a bit and almost seems to want to kink but doesn't when it
is moved from lock to lock.Let me know.
Later Bash

03zx6rrno0b
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 01:51 AM
thanks for the responses, im out of town till friday but i will take some pictures when i get a chance once again thanks for the responses konichd sent a pm at you.