PDA

View Full Version : Webster Pass/Red Cone this weekend 8/4

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 10:24 AM
I'm hoping to find someone who also thinks Rampart sucks and would like to go do some real riding.

Ideally, I would like to get someone who can ride Red Cone with me and also find someone who wants to take the easy route and ride Webster with Kim. We all meet at the top and then head into Breckenridge or Keystone for some lunch, I mean beers.

Come on Bueller, ya big pussy!!

Elden???

Suki
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 10:29 AM
no go for us (and by us i mean alan) siate's bday is tomorrow so we're having a celebration at skate city on the 4th. :D anytime you wanna strap on your skates and jam out to some old school... wait scratch that, they play hip hop now. :lol:

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 10:42 AM
...anytime you wanna strap on your skates and jam out to some old school... wait scratch that, they play hip hop now. :lol:We actually did that once. Kind of weird hangin' with all the kiddies.

I lived at the rink in high school. The good ol' days...

Egyptian Lover rules!!! Egypt is the place to be - Egypt - Egypt

Kristian
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 10:50 AM
My wife and I may be up for this. It would be on our atvs though. After Red Cone then Radical hill, come down through deer creek and back up Webster.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 10:53 AM
My wife and I may be up for this. It would be on our atvs though. After Red Cone then Radical hill, come down through deer creek and back up Webster.Sounds great!!

Ray-Ray
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 11:31 AM
Damn it!! If I hadn't blown out my knee last weekend I'd join you!!

eklew
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 12:28 PM
I'll let you know Dean, I may be truck shopping this weekend. Do you need to be plated to go where you are going or is a green sticker okay?

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 03:15 PM
Damn it!! If I hadn't blown out my knee last weekend I'd join you!!I wrenched my right knee pretty bad last weekend up at Kingston. I can walk on it now, so I guess nothing is torn.

I'll let you know Dean, I may be truck shopping this weekend. Do you need to be plated to go where you are going or is a green sticker okay?We can always bring a grill and a cooler and we won't need plates to eat...

I have ridden my quad the two miles of pavement to get to the Breckenridge Golf Club. I wouldn't recommend it, though.

AshliRider44
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 03:43 PM
Bummer, this sounds fun. Too bad we have stuff goin on Saturday. Maybe we'll have to go Sunday to check it out. Wouldn't want to hold you back anyway.

Bueller
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 03:51 PM
You and your damn Saturday rides!

Buddau
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 08:09 PM
Damn! That sounds like fun. Wish I could ride....:cry:
There's always next summer.
The thumb is getting better. I am starting to get movement back, but I can't use it yet.
Saturdays are perfect riding days for me.

Hoopty
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:55 AM
Saturdays are for bloody wankers!!! :x

AshliRider44
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:59 AM
You and your damn Saturday rides!

Thats why the cool people go on Sundays ;)

~Barn~
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:04 AM
He Dean-o... I don't really wanna go riding (or even have a dirt bike for that matter), but is this a place where people can go camping?

The better-half and I are wanting to go camping on Saturday, and I'm pretty much the world's most lousy outdoorsman. I don't even know where to take us. :lol:

So yeah... Do people camp in the whereabouts you speak of?

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:09 AM
He Dean-o... I don't really wanna go riding (or even have a dirt bike for that matter), but is this a place where people can go camping?

The better-half and I are wanting to go camping on Saturday, and I'm pretty much the world's most lousy outdoorsman. I don't even know where to take us. :lol:

So yeah... Do people camp in the whereabouts you speak of?There's even a camp ground in there that you can get an RV to.

There are a ton of spots up the trail that are HUGE and completely flat right next to the stream with nice little water falls. It's by far one of the best places for camping.

Borrow Alan's bike, since he never rides it, and I can bring my quad for you guys...

~Barn~
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:13 AM
Noyce! That place sounds awesome! I will definitely be giving you a call about it. I have no idea where it's at for instance, but I have Google bookmarked!

Are you camping overnight into Sunday? Oh yeah... will my Audi even get me close to these spots you're talking about, or is this some serious 4X'ness?

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:19 AM
Noyce! That place sounds awesome! I will definitely be giving you a call about it. I have no idea where it's at for instance, but I have Google bookmarked!

Are you camping overnight into Sunday? Oh yeah... will my Audi even get me close to these spots you're talking about, or is this some serious 4X'ness?Until I get my fifth wheel, I've had it with camping, for the most part.

Your Audi will for sure get you to the first parking area or the camp ground, but I have no idea about site availability or cost, if there is any. After that, I've never really paid attention to what kind of vehicle can make it back there.

Here's a link:

http://www.atvtrails.org/Red_Conex.html

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
I was just talking to Kim and she reminded me that there are a few great spots on the way in before you get to the first parking area...

Kristian
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
Used to camp up there(dispersed, ie. free). Great area! Easy to get to, at least the first part is.

Kristian
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:29 AM
Until I get my fifth wheel, I've had it with camping, for the most part.

Same for my wife. She never got into sleeping on the ground. Just bought a toyhauler a couple of months ago. Now, it's where/when are we going again!

~Barn~
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:34 AM
Used to camp up there(dispersed, ie. free). Great area! Easy to get to, at least the first part is.

Thanks Kristian... Dean... that's what I'm lookin' to hear! Free to camp, and not terribly difficult to get to for the most part. :yes:

I'm gonna have to invest in a dirt bike or something, one of these days. Sounds like it makes getting to the really fun spots a little more appealing. :lol:

Kristian
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:08 PM
What time are heading up? The SO is trying to make different plans for me now!

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:30 PM
What time are heading up? The SO is trying to make different plans for me now!Since it's just Kim and I, I'll get up when I get up, I guess...

Bueller
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 04:04 PM
Dean, I don't think I will be able to get the bike changed over by tonight, but if you end up going on Sunday LMK.
I may just leave it SUMO for this weekend and go dirt for next.

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:55 PM
Dean, I don't think I will be able to get the bike changed over by tonight, but if you end up going on Sunday LMK.
I may just leave it SUMO for this weekend and go dirt for next.Aaah, you'd just slow Kim down anyway...

I'm gonna be in mourning anyway. Sold my quad today, so they're both gone, now:cry:

Buddau
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:20 PM
Saturdays are when the cool people ride! :slappers: Otherwise, I would have to take my wife. J/K

~Barn~
Sat Aug 4th, 2007, 11:00 AM
So have you left yet Dean?

FZRguy
Sat Aug 4th, 2007, 11:42 AM
+1 for Sunday dirt riding, but I usually ride weekdays to avoid the crowds (as if you didn’t already know that). :dunno: