PDA

View Full Version : dedicated auction for CSC

Slo
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 11:37 AM
Once in a while I see free items, why not have a forum to where we can put items up for a short term auction and the $$$ gets donated to CSC for upgrades, or other things like the Gene fund or the upcoming track?

I am sure many of us could find "stuff" we could part with and donate the money to CSC......

Sortarican
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 11:47 AM
Not a bad idea.
I'm sure I could come up with some goods and services to contribute to the cause.
(Jay, if you keep doing magnanimous things like this we're gonna start calling you the Asian RYBO.)

rforsythe
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 01:32 PM
Actually I can't. Not that it wouldn't be technically feasible, but because my employer is who they are, I am legally not allowed to engage in online auction endeavors in any way without explicit permission. To even run a charity (R2SL) that does online auctions for the Boz brothers required getting corporate lawyers involved.

It's a good idea, but as long I continue to run this forum and simultaneously work where I do, it can never happen.

Slo
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 01:37 PM
Well damn, there went that idea? I will still probably scrounge through some stuff and sell it on here and will donate my $$ to the board.

Devaclis
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 02:31 PM
So do it on the website, not the forums. Do it under Bob's name. If they try to get you by affiliation, that is not legal and is BS. I am in the CSC, you are in the CSC, we are affiliated, I run auctions all the time, you still have a job.

rforsythe
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 04:46 PM
So do it on the website, not the forums. Do it under Bob's name. If they try to get you by affiliation, that is not legal and is BS. I am in the CSC, you are in the CSC, we are affiliated, I run auctions all the time, you still have a job.

There is a big difference between being in the CSC, and actually running the CSC, Bob's name or not (and forums vs website really doesn't matter, I host both). And it is quite legal, it is called a non-compete.

If you run the auctions on eBay itself then it's OK. If we put software on here that runs them, it's bad. Simple as that.

Bueller
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM
Quit your job :idea: :lol: