PDA

View Full Version : Ride Friday, August 3?

mtnairlover
Wed Aug 1st, 2007, 10:15 PM
I'm feeling adventurous...soooo, who wants to meet up at the MoCo on Friday morning at 8:30 for a nice long ride?

Post 'em up, or PM either way...

...as one wise man once said, "Who wants to ride motorcycles?"

:D

Warren
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 10:17 AM
Cathy I'd love to go for a long ride but have to work at 3:30. Maybe a route that drops me off up in the mountains?

Jason ON
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:46 PM
How long? My brother gets to his hotel somewhen around 12:30 and then we're going to lunch. He's a big boy, I know he'll be hungry.

Suki
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:23 PM
post up time and where abouts, as well as if it's a slow/moderate pace ride. Alan has the bike today but i'm not sure if he's taking it tomorrow.

mtnairlover
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:36 PM
This ride will not be a slow pace and will more than likely require one fuel stop somewhere in between. We're gonna meet at 8:30 and leave um maybe 8:45 or so. The route will be finalized at MoCo. But, it will include places north, which is why I said long and those places will be into the mountains, not along the foothills. I'll be able to just hop on home from where we'll end up, but those who live south will have a ways to go south before getting home.

Hope that helps answer questions.

Warren...I think we would be able to get you back to where you need to be on time.

Jason...um...we won't be in the city at 12:30, sorry:(

Suki
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:42 PM
dernt! lol, next time then :)

mtnairlover
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
Yes ma'am. I'm gonna do that girlie ride soon, even if it kills me...oh, wait...never mind.:oops:

Oh, but Suki, if I take ya into da mountains, you might wanna get some extra padding on your (bike) seat.;) The ride I'm thinking about will require extra softness.

Suki
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
lol, okay then i'll look into those butt pads so i have a ghetto booty! :lol:

Warren
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Sounds like fun! I'll be there.

pilot
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:28 PM
Yes ma'am. I'm gonna do that girlie ride soon, even if it kills me...oh, wait...never mind.:oops:

Oh, but Suki, if I take ya into da mountains, you might wanna get some extra padding on your (bike) seat.;) The ride I'm thinking about will require extra softness.sometimes it's not about the padding in the seat, it's about the pre-load setting on the shock. I was checking an R1 last night and the setting was at factory---way too stiff. No wonder the rider was saying it hurt to ride the bike more than an hour. Mind you, it doesn't need to be plush, but perhaps closer to it for a daily rider in the city. (not trying to threadjacky)

Jason ON
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:20 PM
Jason...um...we won't be in the city at 12:30, sorry:(

Alas, then, I think I won't make it -- although a morning ride does sound good.

Repsol a095
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 09:46 PM
I look forward to seeing everyone in the morning.

mtnairlover
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
Thanks guys for joining me on my adventure today. Warren, you missed out on the picture-taking fun times up on Trail Ridge. I think it probably would have been bad for you if you had stayed with us, cuz we didn't make it down to Grand Lake until around 3:15 or so.

Anyway, so here's some pics.

Someone had said something about my extreme lean angle? I have no idea what you guys are talking about...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/extremelean.jpg

I was this close to killing Pilot, but couldn't stop laughing my ass off...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/cathykillspilot.jpg

Cute pic...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/cathyandpatrick.jpg

Two men and a motorcycle...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/pilotandpatrick.jpg

Three friends...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/3friends.jpg

mtnairlover
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 09:59 PM
Just for you, Patrick...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/babymoose.jpg

64BonnieLass
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:00 PM
Awww....Pumpkin. You guys look great. Thanks for the happiness on the interweb.

Ya know I luf ya honey....:)

mtnairlover
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:06 PM
Smoochie, smoochie, sweetie.:makeout:

luf ya too

Repsol a095
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks, Cathy. You're the best!!! I had a great time today. Pilot and I had a great time in the rain though.

mtnairlover
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:53 PM
You guys finally got rain? Ha! I finally got a ticket...in RMNP no less and the guy who let me pass him even stopped to try and convince the cop that it was his fault...sheesh! Just can't win can ya?

But, I'm not letting it take away from the ride and scenery.

Repsol a095
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:56 PM
Oh no, what was the ticket for? Unsafe passing? Is it a federal ticket?

mtnairlover
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:02 PM
The ticket stub says "United States District Court". The cop accused me of speeding, dangerous driving and passing on a yellow. I argued that I was not speeding cuz the SUV was going well under the limit. I was keeping my distance from him as well and when he waved me past, he was just being courteous. I passed before the oncoming traffic was noticeable, but since the cop was in the lead he saw the last part of the pass and I guess he thought I was speeding cuz of the higher revs or something. I was probably doing the speed limit at that point.

The SUV followed the cop cuz he had his siren blaring as well. He pulled over quickly and tried to tell the cop that he told me to pass, but like I said the cop wasn't buying it. Gah!

Oh, the cop finally wrote the ticket for passing on a double yellow...he went on and on about what he could have written it for and then took off saying have a nice day, drive safe...grrrrr. I'll just end up sending in the fine. It goes to the "Central Violations Bureau".

pilot
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:07 PM
You guys finally got rain? Ha! I finally got a ticket...in RMNP no less and the guy who let me pass him even stopped to try and convince the cop that it was his fault...sheesh! Just can't win can ya?

But, I'm not letting it take away from the ride and scenery.OMG and we were just talking about not speeding through RMNP at the gas station at Shadow Mtn. Res. What are the odds!?!

Yah, P and P got rained on. Patrick was in his usual hurry *He's got a wifey, you know (Hi UnSuk!). I stopped to put on rain gear at El Rancho and Patrick had to race home. Quite a soaker there for a while.

Warren, what time did you make it to work? I waz thinking about stopping by your coffee shop but we were running out-o-time.

Crayzee pictures Cathy. Thanks for having the camera handy.

mtnairlover
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah, definitely crazy pics...silliness is fun, though.

My ride back over Trail Ridge, aside from the ticket, was quite beautiful. I thought fer sure I was gonna get rained on, but not one lil droplet. I loved how the clouds were floating really low along the mountain peaks. Sure was a nice day for a ride.

pilot
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:13 PM
Just for you, Patrick...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/babymoose.jpg
Yep, let's see... The animal tally for the day: One red tail fox (almost under my tire), numerous deer, fat chipmunks looking for peanuts in Cathy's jacket, a camp robber jay, several grazing moose (yes Patrick, mooses are big!, ha.) and of course, a few dozen elk.

Warren
Sat Aug 4th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I missed out! I am glad I turned back though. I still ended up being a few minutes late for work. I am the luckiest guy I know though (knock on wood) three times from when I left you guys I got slowed down by traffic and would have been going extremely fast past cops. Sorry to here you got a ticket Cathy. I don't know how I made it back without one myself!