PDA

View Full Version : custom exhaust

puckstr
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:49 PM
I am looking for a shop that can do custon exhaust work for bikes are so far out of production that custom is the only alternative.

I need a shop that can make a modern can exhaust for my bike.

86 VFR700F

Yes I know I can just buy a "NEW" bike, but where is the challange in that.

rybo
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:58 PM
If your headers are good, I would just find a slip on (in your case a pair of slip on's) and then have someone make the adapter for you. That should be pretty easy.

s

konichd
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:06 PM
Talk to Jeff (Sortarican) or Dana (Devilicus) they moded out the exhaust on their RD with a sweet ZX-10R exhaust! :)

puckstr
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:16 PM
Talk to Jeff (Sortarican) or Dana (Devilicus) they moded out the exhaust on their RD with a sweet ZX-10R exhaust! :)
I would like to see the pics of that

puckstr
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:23 PM
If your headers are good, I would just find a slip on (in your case a pair of slip on's) and then have someone make the adapter for you. That should be pretty easy.

s

I want to go to a single can solution. with more of a vertical / than a horizontal ___ angle

BTW I just found Spell Check :hump: SWEEEEEEEETT

Sortarican
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:38 PM

It was for the CBR not the RD.
I wouldn't let Kawisaki parts touch my RD....unless of course they fit, where cheaper, and worked.
(BTW, thank's a heap DK, that can sounds really nice and is light as hell.)

Definitely recommend the Meineke shop on the corner of Broadway and Belleview (Littleton).
Ask for Scott, we fabed up the intermediate pipe for the CBR and the manager just had me tip him out. (Gave him $20).
He even threw in a crush washer, clamp, fabed up a collar, and I even brought it back and he flarred out one end that was too tight.
He did a great job, considering that my template was a bent coat hanger.
Had some great input on how to do it better than I had planned too.

FYI,
Take your measurements in inches, none of their equipment was metric.

puckstr
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:51 PM
thanks

BTW got any pics of that setup?

t_jolt
Thu Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:54 PM
FYI, Take your measurements in inches, none of their equipment was metric.

You do happen to be near the middle of the united states of america :)

Tyrel