PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle batteries

Drift
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:42 PM
Is it possible to jump a m/c battery? If so, does one need to use another m/c or can one use an automobile?

rybo
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:50 PM
Yes, you can jump a MC with a car, but you do not need to have the car running to do so. The capacity of the MC battery is much smaller, so I suggest keeping it connected for as short of a time as possible to avoid overcharging. Both are 12 V systems, so you should have no problems.

Best to you

Scott

Drift
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 02:55 PM
Yes, you can jump a MC with a car, but you do not need to have the car running to do so. The capacity of the MC battery is much smaller, so I suggest keeping it connected for as short of a time as possible to avoid overcharging. Both are 12 V systems, so you should have no problems.

Best to you

Scott

Thank you for the info...I will give that a shot. I am also adding a BatteryTender to my must have in the garage list! :)

TT5.0
Fri Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:39 PM

Best to you

Scott
I just want to add that not only do you not need to have the car running when you jump a motorcycle, but you should NOT have the car running when you jump a motorcycle. When a car is running, it is generating 14.4 volts, and the bike's battery and regulator/rectifier will not like that.