PDA

View Full Version : The R6 is back

rybo
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 11:57 AM
So, for those of you who know the story, the picture tells the end.

Lots of thanks to hand out here:

Sasha, thanks for letting be borrow the bike to begin with. I know your season has been screwed up by my screw up, but the hour I rode is the best riding I've done in my life.

R2SL volunteers/friends- Thanks for all the support (too many people, too many ways of supporting to list them all. You know who you are)

Joe- Thanks for finding parts and getting them to me

DK- For the bodywork fit up this weekend....it looks great!

Shortcake- for the excellent supervision

Void and Bouncer- a couple late nights installing parts, thanks for all the help! (and entertainment!)

Now, I'm still looking for a set of mid fairings for a 2003-2005 R6, if someone here has them I'd love to buy them from you.

And now the next chapter opens: The bike is heading to Racing 2 Save Lives with me again next week where Ben Bostrom will be riding it as he coaches a new student on the track. I'm thrilled to be going and glad to bring this thing full circle.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and support

Scott

konichd
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Sweet Jesus! :)

VOID
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Scott after everything you have done for us, its my pleasure to offer a some wrenching time to your goal.

Also its kind of fun to break your tools instead of mine. :|

VOID

mtnairlover
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Unrecognizable, from what I remember seeing. And, that story just keeps getting better:-)

Shortcake
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Would you like to post the photo of you taking a wire saw to the bodywork :shocked:hahah

rybo
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Would you like to post the photo of you taking a wire saw to the bodywork :shocked:hahah

go for it!

One thing I'm bad at is documenting. DK is much stronger here than I am, so there are very few pictures of the before/during/after. I think Jen (500rgurl) has some pictures of the bike shortly after the crash itself, other than that, when I had free time I just worked on it.

Pictures are welcome!

thida_r6
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Wow Scott, good job! Hope that front fender worked out, the bike looks amazing and my jaw hurts from hitting the floor just now. Here's a pic of the before bike, you can barely see it in the background but it's the only one I can find. I also love the "I've got a headache this big..." gesture... hahaha.

DYNO
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Wow Scott!!!! I remember seeing it in the back of your truck that night you came to help me out...are you sure its the same bike?!?!?!?!

Amazing work!!!!

Sortarican
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 01:47 PM
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!

Always good to see any bike brought back from the grave, but especially this one.

Hope you have your's back running soon too.
(If you need aluminum...just ask Scott.)

Repsol a095
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Nice shift linkage!!!!!

rybo
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Nice shift linkage!!!!!

Bastard....it's the one major flaw in the picture and you have to go and point it out.

I call it an "air shifter" thank you very much.

Shortcake
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 02:01 PM

rybo
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Damn...I'm bald

Devaclis
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 02:07 PM
If you were wearing proper safety gear you would not be able to tell. Power tools and goggles FTW!!!

Repsol a095
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Your bald head is what makes you so sexy, Rybo!!! Ask Pilot, he'll tell you about sexy bald heads.

eklew
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Hey, nice case of water you got there!

rybo
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Hey, nice case of water you got there!

Didn't you notice the trailer rails in the back of one of the other photos too....

Nice shift linkage!!!!!

Yeah....I see how you are...picture attached

Wow Scott!!!! I remember seeing it in the back of your truck that night you came to help me out...are you sure its the same bike?!?!?!?!

Amazing work!!!!

Believe it or not, this is the same bike. I should have done the work faster, but now it's done.

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!

Always good to see any bike brought back from the grave, but especially this one.

Hope you have your's back running soon too.
(If you need aluminum...just ask Scott.)

I agree...but this IS my bike now. We decided it was best if I just bought it from her so that she could get rolling again as soon as possible. Now the Ducati.....that's another story. BTW Scott hooked me up, thanks for the tip

pilot
Mon Aug 6th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Damn...I'm baldNo you're not. You have plenty on the side there, Professor.

If you were wearing proper safety gear you would not be able to tell. Power tools and goggles FTW!!!I thought the same thing when Davey was running that grinder so close to his eyeball.

Your bald head is what makes you so sexy, Rybo!!! Ask Pilot, he'll tell you about sexy bald heads.I wish I had hair like Sully.

Hey, nice case of water you got there!Scott only allowed himself bread and water until the bike was done. Tonight he is getting swilled at the local pub.

Sully
Tue Aug 7th, 2007, 08:20 AM
:yay: