PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza

Clovis
Tue Aug 7th, 2007, 08:50 AM
:yay:

So three months ago when I bought my R1, I purchased most of my gear at that time as well. Included with the gear of course was a jacket.

I picked up a textile Tour Master jacket - fantastic jacket with armor build in and multiple layers. I liked the jacket because I could take off the warmth liner, water proof liner and outer shell and basically just have a mesh jacket which was great for those 100 degree days.

Anyhow, about a month ago the jacket developed a small tear on the shoulder and with the wind it expanded to about a 5 inch gash. Still functional of course but looked bad.

So thinking the return period was 90 days I took it back to the store around day 88. When I got there Jim (the accessories manager) immediately recognized and greeted me and asked how he could help. I explained my problem and noted that I just read the sign stating a 30 day return policy (I also lacked my receipt). He immediately assured me it wasn't a problem and they would make it right. They were however out of stock of my jacket so he offered a Joe Rocket version which was a little better and about $70 more in cost of mine but he offered to do a straight exchange which I thought was rather gracious. I took the opportunity to grab a new Icon Leather jacket which Adam and Jim helped fit me for and I just paid the difference in price.

I've purchased two bikes from these guys and about a $1000 worth of gear and I've always had a good experience. My only complaint is their hours; I wish they were opened past 6 as I'm usually at work until 6:15, meaning if I want to get down there I either have to go on a Saturday, my lunch break or leave work early.

Clov