PDA

View Full Version : LaVeta Inn Run Weekend

Duc'nnit
Fri Jun 18th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Alright boys and girls, my previous post has been buried so deep it is learning to speak Aussie! :lol:
The idea is to leave Denver early morning on a Saturday and meet up with our bros and sista's in the Springs. From there they will give us a tour of their backyard arriving in LaVeta early to mid afternoon, (get in before the heat). We cool off, lounge around, party, maybe shop, lounge around, shoot pool somewhere, cool off, party, etc........grab some great chow, party. So then we crash, get up for some breakfast and motor like the wind back to home. :D
So, initially there was quite an interest for Mid July, now flying with this we will move it to the "Trips & Touring" section. I am looking at the weekend, of July 17. No we cannot please everyone, but lets see if we cant hammer this out , even if we are at the end of the month.. :lol:

Chris

Sparker
Fri Jun 18th, 2004, 11:41 PM
going to vegas....too bad

thunderseye
Sat Jun 19th, 2004, 10:05 AM
hmmmmm smells like tuna

Duc'nnit
Sat Jun 19th, 2004, 10:18 AM
hmmmmm smells like tuna

:wtf: I thought Tink told you to shower?

Chris

Mista Black
Sat Jun 19th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Alright boys and girls, my previous post has been buried so deep it is learning to speak Aussie! :lol:
The idea is to leave Denver early morning on a Saturday and meet up with our bros and sista's in the Springs. From there they will give us a tour of their backyard arriving in LaVeta early to mid afternoon, (get in before the heat). We cool off, lounge around, party, maybe shop, lounge around, shoot pool somewhere, cool off, party, etc........grab some great chow, party. So then we crash, get up for some breakfast and motor like the wind back to home. :D
So, initially there was quite an interest for Mid July, now flying with this we will move it to the "Trips & Touring" section. I am looking at the weekend, of July 17. No we cannot please everyone, but lets see if we cant hammer this out , even if we are at the end of the month.. :lol:

Chris

i'm down to help show you northern boys and girls where the REAL CO twisties are. count me in!!

edit >> hmmm wasnt there just a post from Tink above mine?? :lol:

thunderseye
Sat Jun 19th, 2004, 10:49 AM
actually i was talking about the can of tuna for my cats.....yeah thats it

Duc'nnit
Sat Jun 19th, 2004, 01:43 PM

Chris

i'm down to help show you northern boys and girls where the REAL CO twisties are. count me in!!

edit >> hmmm wasnt there just a post from Tink above mine?? :lol:

Saweet! Lo Lo mentioned he might be in for this as well.....I am drafting some ideas.

Chris

FZRguy
Sat Jun 19th, 2004, 02:44 PM
July 17 eh, I'll pencil it in on my calendar...all depends on the ball and chain called my job

RF900guy
Sat Jun 19th, 2004, 07:47 PM
I'll tag long.

foxyblue
Sat Jun 19th, 2004, 07:57 PM
I'd love to join in. So long as I don't have training or get put on call :roll: . But until then I'm in.:D

Mista Black
Sat Jun 19th, 2004, 08:56 PM
July 17 eh, I'll pencil it in on my calendar...all depends on the ball and chain called my job

I'd love to join in. So long as I don't have training or get put on call :roll: . But until then I'm in. :D

ummmm quit :idea: :P :D

Duc'nnit
Sun Jun 20th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Before we go further, I will be talking to LaVeta Inn this week to see what all they are up too next month. Basically getting an idea of availability for us.

Chris

FZRguy
Sun Jun 20th, 2004, 10:07 PM

I’m not independently wealthy like you. ;) So everything must be right on the Fizzer ‘cause she started right up today. Still gotta do the forks and brakes.

Chris, confirm the 17th asap and I’ll put in for vacation (yes, I work Saturdays).

Duc'nnit
Mon Jun 21st, 2004, 06:41 AM

I’m not independently wealthy like you. ;) So everything must be right on the Fizzer ‘cause she started right up today. Still gotta do the forks and brakes.

Chris, confirm the 17th asap and I’ll put in for vacation (yes, I work Saturdays).

I should be talking to them today..... 8)

R1ch
Mon Jun 21st, 2004, 07:39 AM
going to vegas....too bad

In July? Could it be any hotter then?
Some like it hot I guess :)

Duc'nnit
Mon Jun 21st, 2004, 04:32 PM
This has been moved to Trips and Touring Section......thanks Spidey! 8)

Chris

Duc'nnit
Mon Jun 21st, 2004, 05:23 PM
I spoke with Mary Beth at the Inn today and here is what she has passed on to me:

1) Weekend of July 10 or 24 the best time to come down. (July 17 is booked)

2) Two types of rooms: Hotel and Courtyard
A) Hotel - 1 Qn bed @ 75.00 per night + 10% off
B) Court - 2 Qn beds, 1 fold out couch @ 89.00 per night + 10% off.

So, now we need to determine the weekend, I believe there is racing on the 24th, does that affect anyone that wants to go on this ride? It is my weekend of choice.

Chris

Brizz
Mon Jun 21st, 2004, 08:17 PM
Ask her about a military discount. I usually get rooms like that for $45

Duc'nnit
Mon Jun 21st, 2004, 08:22 PM
Ask her about a military discount. I usually get rooms like that for $45

She is willing to give us as a club our discount, she states that the Inn has been pretty busy, but we can try.

Chris

FZRguy
Tue Jun 22nd, 2004, 12:05 AM
There is a race at SCR on 24/25. I'm good with either date but prefer the 24th also.

Duc'nnit
Mon Jun 28th, 2004, 06:48 AM
As for an update, after talking with a few people I am going to call the Inn and see what they have scheduled for the weekend of July 31. That date seems to sell even better. :)

Chris

Duc'nnit
Tue Jun 29th, 2004, 08:45 AM
I just got off of the phone with them this morning, and they are hosting three weddings, you would think people would learn their lesson, each for the three weekends except the 24th, but only one room and apartment is available. So we will just push it back to August or Sep since there is no rush. I will keep on top of it.

Chris

CAMit...
Tue Jun 29th, 2004, 09:03 AM
So we will just push it back to August or Sep

Cool, my wife and I might be more likely to make it in Aug or Sep.

Sully
Tue Jun 29th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Thanks for reminding me of this Chris... I think it would be a great time... I'll stay tuned to this thread to see what date will be determined! Thanks :)

SpArKy
Tue Jun 29th, 2004, 10:04 AM
August or Sept would be better for this Chris. Of course in that area August may be better than Sept.
Ya know we could save money by splitting rooms...Im thinkin Sully, Chris and I could split a one bedroom....What do ya think?? :idea:

Duc'nnit
Tue Jun 29th, 2004, 10:56 AM
August or Sept would be better for this Chris. Of course in that area August may be better than Sept.
Ya know we could save money by splitting rooms...Im thinkin Sully, Chris and I could split a one bedroom....What do ya think?? :idea:

You can split it anyway you want........I am getting a bed! :D ;)

Chris

SpArKy
Tue Jun 29th, 2004, 12:05 PM

You can split it anyway you want........I am getting a bed! :D ;)

Chris

Well yeah....we all would!!! ;)