PDA

View Full Version : Screwed by local shop - beware these guys

t_jolt
Wed Aug 8th, 2007, 03:25 PM
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179323

These was posted by a good friend of mine. Please read. Its is very well put together and hopefully we can make a stance.

Thanks
Tyrel

Punkin
Thu Aug 9th, 2007, 11:10 PM
I rarely step out to say negative things about the "competition"...BUT I currently don't officially have anything to do with that industry, AND our "sister" shop, Stan's Automotive, doesn't perform the services that your buddy was trying to receive.

That being said, I can't help but chuckle about something that really bugged me a few years ago. I trademarked the logo and sign at Stan's Automotive, including the catch phrase, "Where Home-Town meets High-Tech"

Just a few months after this was accomplished, I started seeing the subject shop advertising, "Personalized Service of the Past, Technology of the Future".

It really irritated me then...kinda like if I owned a motel chain and started advertising, "We'll Keep the Candle Burning For You!" after Motel 6's big Tom Boudett campaign...but I ultimately decided that imitation is truly the sincerest form of flattery!

I know nothing of the shop, their reputation, or their intentions...I just always giggle when I see their advertisements, and their catchy, albeit unoriginal tagline!

Best of luck to your friend, I hope it all works out well!

--Scott