PDA

View Full Version : Consolidating the Denver area groups?

DavidofColorado
Sat Aug 11th, 2007, 08:25 AM
I was just thinking that with the Denver area not being really far away from each other that it should be consolidated so people don't miss the posting if they are looking in the wrong one.
Just a thought though. I could be :drink:too much.

Brizz
Sat Aug 11th, 2007, 10:10 AM
It was done before and it seemed to cause a lil confusion so it went the way that you see it now...

rforsythe
Sat Aug 11th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Caused a small riot, is more like it. So, split they are, and split they will remain.

dm_gsxr
Sat Aug 11th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Usually I just click on the "New Posts" link at the top so seldom miss out-of-area events.

It might explain why there isn't so much going on in the northern metro area. It seems most of the happenings are more south like Morrison for rides.

Carl

JustSomeDude
Sun Aug 12th, 2007, 03:40 PM
I was just thinking that with the Denver area not being really far away from each other that it should be consolidated so people don't miss the posting if they are looking in the wrong one.
Just a thought though. I could be :drink:too much.

:imwithstupid:

I've been thinking the same thing for quite some time now. I think what DavidofDenver is saying is, if not consolidating, possibly adding a section for downtown/lodo riders. The current system just covers too vast of a geography.

As the CSC's continues to grow and expand, I think it would be a great help for newer riders looking for local folks. Quite frankly, I have no idea where to look for riders local to my area. I am 6 blocks from Coors Field. Is this North-Metro? South-Metro? When I think of North-Metro I think of Arvada, Thornton, etc. South-Metro to me is Littleton, Centennial, Parker, and the like. Perhaps even an East & West forum for the Aurora and Lakewood folk?

I think a "Lodo" or "Downtown" forum would help the folks downtown find each other more efficiently and coordinate rides out of town. This could serve as a central point for the developing neighborhoods like 5-Points (where I am), the Highlands, 32nd & Lowell, etc., while also serving the well established neighborhoods such as LoDo, Capital Hill, Wash. Park, etc. I've actually avoided posting a few ride meets, because I just didn't think there was a proper place for it in the current forum structure. I, for one, would love a place to post up to meet other folks in LoDo.

The current system just isn't very clear to us down-town-ers. Just my 2 cents.