PDA

View Full Version : Kids riding

greenramp
Sat Aug 11th, 2007, 03:01 PM
My son has been riding under my supervision for about 2 years now off and on. I have given him a good deal of pointers but my voice (as any parent knows) goes in 1 ear and out the other. He want to start racing soon and i was wondering if there were any local riding classes given for this.

BigE
Sat Aug 11th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I think Ricky Orlando used to do a kids class. You can get hold of him at Rocky Mtn Kawi in Longmont.

How old of kiddo and what kind of racing?

Buddau
Sat Aug 11th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Ricky O teaches kids MX racing also? Hmmm. That would be a great B-day gift.

txrc51fatboy
Sat Aug 11th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Do it in the Dirt:This course introduces the new rider to the knowledge and skills necessary to enjoy the off-road experience. Basic bike operation, cornering, jumping, sliding, body position and stopping are items covered. 3 hours of on bike instruction. Full riding gear recommended. Students provide bike.$150

that would make a hell of a bday gift. might just look into it

greenramp
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 03:48 AM
SWEET thanks guys. My 7 year old will enjoy this. he has had a pw-50 for some time but I think its time to move up. Class first then we will see.

AshliRider44
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Awww I LOVE seeing kids on wheels... so cute! :)

BigE
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 12:10 PM
SWEET thanks guys. My 7 year old will enjoy this. he has had a pw-50 for some time but I think its time to move up. Class first then we will see.

Cool, if you want to meet up with the kids sometime, my son wants to head out to IMI soon. He's a recent graduate off a P-dub also (he raced the last 2 supermoto's last year on it), now on his XR50.
If you're up north we have a 50 track in our backyard that you'd be welcome to come over and ride.

salsashark
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Cool, if you want to meet up with the kids sometime, my son wants to head out to IMI soon. He's a recent graduate off a P-dub also (he raced the last 2 supermoto's last year on it), now on his XR50.
If you're up north we have a 50 track in our backyard that you'd be welcome to come over and ride.

As long as he doesn't graduate from the BigE school of "How to eat a hay bail"!

:p

BigE
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 05:01 PM
As long as he doesn't graduate from the BigE school of "How to eat a hay bail"!

:p

Why I oughtta.... :slap:, :p, :lol:

txrc51fatboy
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 10:23 PM
we are at imi almost every weekend, usually about 4-5 50s out there, my kidddo is still in the learning process but he is loving it.