PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here.....guess I might be a FOG....

Xtremjeepn
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Is is possible? At only 35 do I qualify as a "FOG"?

I've been ridin' for about 28 years. Dabled in road racing in the early 90s. Used to put about 40k a year on my bikes. Have not had a sportbike in a few years and am seriosly considering buying a new one.

Sold my 97 Valkyrie yesterday after 10 years of it collecting dust in the garage. :banghead: Bought it thinking I just wanted a cruiser and wanted to get away from sport bikes. After 10 years and a whoping 15k on the Valkyrie I want a new ride!!!!(My first clue should have been trying to wheelie the Valkyrie) Something I might be more willing to put 15k on every couple months.

Couple of bikes I have had in the past. CB550Four, FZX700,CBR600F1, CBR600F2,ZX6D, FZR600,FZR1000, CBR900RR (93 and 95), GSXR750 (92 and 97) Also worked the motorcycle shops when in college.

Seriously considering a 2007 R1.

Suki
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:13 PM
welcome to CSC! and i hope 35 doesn't make you a FOG, cause that'd mean more than half of this club is fuckin old! :lol:

Sortarican
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:17 PM
LOL,
I think it's 40 for the FOG's.
So go get us old farts a beer ya young punk!

Welcome to the CSC and welcome back to fast side.
(I did the same thing.)

Devaclis
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:20 PM
:321::321:

Welcome to the CSC. Now get the hell out!!

:)

Xtremjeepn
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Just cruising through soem of the posts it seems there are LOTS of younger (18-20) types on this board. Since I have been riding longer than some of them have been alive I figured that might automatically qualify for FOG status.

Do you old guys drink any modern beer or just cheap old PBR?

64BonnieLass
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Yea, ya have to be 40 and a guy to be a FOG.

I just turned 40 but I get a pass until 50 (and a sex change) Which iddn't eva gonna happen. :)

Welcome.

Bueller
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Take it from the truly "seasoned" 35 is still wet behind the ears.

Yea, ya have to be 40 and a guy to be a FOG.

I just turned 40 but I get a pass until 50 (and a sex change) Which iddn't eva gonna happen. :)

Welcome.
Terri re-read the forum title, you can't play the gender card no mo!

Xtremjeepn
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:24 PM
:321::321:

Welcome to the CSC. Now get the hell out!!

:)

560xx posts:shocked: You old guys need to get out and ride:)

Xtremjeepn
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:26 PM

I totally agree in the big picture....just seems like "most" of the sportbike crowd is way young these days. (oh wait.....I was way young when I got my first sportbike too....)

Devaclis
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Jeff drinks "BEER" in a white can with a black label.

Back in my day we didn't have beer. Our granddaddy's would all chew on wet dog hair and spit it in a jar. when we turned 21 we got the jar. We got a jar full of fermented wet dog hair that we would pass around the "Your too old to be still livin' at home" table, and we LIKED IT!!!

1 sip from that jar and you would get an instant rash. Your tongue would swell up so big you couldn't scream for help. Then granddad and his buddies would point and laugh and throw pieces of broken wood stove at ya until you passed out from lack of air or at good chunk of iron to the head.

No, we didn't have beer when I was a kid. Spoiled sons'abitches

64BonnieLass
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:30 PM

Terri re-read the forum title, you can't play the gender card no mo!

Well Sonufa! When the hell did they add that? :banghead:

Xtremjeepn
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:30 PM
What out, I have 6 posts now.....I am catching up:).

Guess I will have to be stuck in the dark mysterious land between the young-uns and the FOGS!

Suki
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:31 PM
and see, as proof i have shown that where ever i go or post, my little servants (except terri, she's a lady and there for equal) are soon to follow and post. :D and now you will owe me $50 for each post that i have allowed to generate on your welcome thread, including my own.

enjoy your stay :)

Xtremjeepn
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Wait........your sayin' "girls" have their own bikes now? :shocked:Get out!!! :shocked: When did this happen?:pointlaugh:

Totally kiding!!!! Actually just signed my girlfriend up for the MOST course this weekend. :crazy: Love that girls have embraced motorcycles (and not just being on the back)!!:headbang:

Bueller
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:37 PM
:loop: So what did you do this weekend?
Sat. I rode my KTM over Webster Pass and Sunday spent the 98deg afternoon in leathers banging bars with a bunch of tards half my age at IMI.
Ride more......no problem :rock:

Xtremjeepn
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:40 PM
:loop: So what did you do this weekend?
:rock:

I sold my Valkyrie. Road it 1.9 miles to put gas in it:doublefinger:

Then I went shopping for a new bike. :guinness:

Suki
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:41 PM
no women dont actually own any of these ridiculous modes of transportations. we're just using the male population as test dummies :lol:

there are actually some pretty bad ass female riders in this little family, looking forward to have another woman on the board to ride with (yes yes, when i actually DO ride) and as always stated in the past just keep your eyes peeled for newbie rides.

Xtremjeepn
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Guinness took the last ride on the Valkyrie. Thing was so boring even my Aussie can ride it.

http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photos/photo30/12/8e/95cabfc2bff5.jpg

http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photos/photo21/dc/db/1db376616dbb.jpg

Sortarican
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:49 PM
and see, as proof i have shown that where ever i go or post, my little servants (except terri, she's a lady and there for equal) are soon to follow and post. :D and now you will owe me $50 for each post that i have allowed to generate on your welcome thread, including my own.

enjoy your stay :)

LOL,...kids!

Several problems with your statement:
1) Wherever and Therefore are one word each.
(Read a book for Christ's sake.)
2) I don't "DO" servant.
(Except on roll playing nights.)
3) Terri's many things.....but a Lady?
(I'll be joining the witless protection program for that one.)

Suki
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:53 PM
They never should have given you illegals rights or free education! and besides, my thumbs spasm and get crazy with the spaceBAR (see, i refrained from hitting it on that one, but elected to use all caps at the end to draw your attention to it). I know all about conjunction words, I have a 6th grader at home until next week! :lol:

Bueller
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 04:56 PM
:music:Conjunction Junction, what's your function?:music:

MAZIN
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Hey I love My 01 R1 but I'm a rookie I guess, the newer ones you have to be jocky size and I'm 6'1" 250. My 01 fits nice and I Like the way it rides in compared to my old bike (99 gixxer)

Sortarican
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 05:08 PM
They never should have given you illegals rights or free education! and besides, my thumbs spasm and get crazy with the spaceBAR (see, i refrained from hitting it on that one, but elected to use all caps at the end to draw your attention to it). I know all about conjunction words, I have a 6th grader at home until next week! :lol:

Silly Mexorean...it's not a conjunction.....did you mean compound words?

And Xtreemjeepn, if you're still wondering how to get your post count up......it's called "post whoring" and "threadjacking".
(Suki is my hero on that front, I learned all I know from her.)

Xtremjeepn
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I'm 6'2" and 225lbs. I have sat on several of the open-classers and really like the R1. I have not actually ridden it yet though. (Silly test ride rules)

....moving into the double digits of posts now.....WARNING WARNING!!!!

Bueller
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 05:37 PM
5 more and you can sale some of your sheet! Major milestone. :lol:

Suki
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Silly Mexorean...it's not a conjunction.....did you mean compound words?

And Xtreemjeepn, if you're still wondering how to get your post count up......it's called "post whoring" and "threadjacking".
(Suki is my hero on that front, I learned all I know from her.)

:lol: oops, seems the 6th grader has been on summer break too long! he shall be whipped for this!!! :scream1:

mtnairlover
Mon Aug 13th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Terri's an official FOG!!! Ha, ha...oh, wait...er...damnit.

Welcome Cole. I hope you enjoy your stay and find a bike that makes ya happy.

Xtremjeepn
Wed Aug 15th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Picked up the new toy today! 07 R1!

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/content/images/600/07r1_black_3_42709447.jpg

Devaclis
Wed Aug 15th, 2007, 04:19 PM
NOICE!!!

Sortarican
Wed Aug 15th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Way nice!

Devaclis
Wed Aug 15th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Jeff is gettin' the itch for a new ride. I can tell by how cloudy the fat is in the jar on my window sill.

64BonnieLass
Wed Aug 15th, 2007, 04:31 PM
LOL,...kids!
Several problems with your statement:
1) Wherever and Therefore are one word each.
(Read a book for Christ's sake.)
2) I don't "DO" servant.
(Except on roll playing nights.)
3) Terri's many things.....but a Lady?
(I'll be joining the witless protection program for that one.)

I've been busy working, but yes dear, your witless, whiteass will be in a program, just not as a witness.
You are going down, like a clown, charlie brown. I'm comin' for ya. :cyber: :yes:

pilot
Wed Aug 15th, 2007, 04:36 PM
I've been busy working, but yes dear, your witless, whiteass will be in a program, just not as a witness.
You are going down, like a clown, charlie brown. I'm comin' for ya. :cyber: :yes:
This has been a while in the making (backs out of way)...

Duc'nnit
Thu Aug 16th, 2007, 08:03 AM

It's not the time, it's the mileage kid....... :alien: