PDA

View Full Version : Crashed The Bike Need Helpful Input

CHuck U Farley
Sat Jun 26th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Hey guys,

Finally did it hopefully the only time this year but I laid my bike down in a corner damn cheap tires and war. Did some fairing damage shouldnt be that hard to fix. But It also knocked it about .25 inich out of allignment the forks are still staright dead center is about a tad to the right now is this going to be a hard fix? Anything else I should look for when I tear it down??? Thanks

Hozerking
Sat Jun 26th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Hey guys,

Finally did it hopefully the only time this year but I laid my bike down in a corner damn cheap tires and war. Did some fairing damage shouldnt be that hard to fix. But It also knocked it about .25 inich out of allignment the forks are still staright dead center is about a tad to the right now is this going to be a hard fix? Anything else I should look for when I tear it down??? Thanks

You need to explain in more detail for anyone to begin to guess what may have gotten screwed up!.

-al

1000RR
Sat Jun 26th, 2004, 07:40 PM
It's the headlight fluid. Needs changing

Brizz
Sat Jun 26th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Try that new light weight tire air.

NZ Darren
Sat Jun 26th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Just knock it back, I like to use a monkey leg for this, the fresher the better.

CAMit...
Sun Jun 27th, 2004, 02:13 PM
I laid my bike down in a corner damn cheap tires and war.

What does WAR have to do with you laying your bike down? :?

CHuck U Farley
Sun Jun 27th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Sorry meant water. I quess the question is can you knock the front end out of alignment and readjust back without it being to difficult? Thanks

wulf
Sun Jun 27th, 2004, 03:03 PM
you're clipons are twisted slightly would be my guess.

move the wheel strait, then sit on the bike and see if one bar feels closer than the other.

Hoopty
Mon Jun 28th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Surfy- it's very common to twist the fork tubes in the clamps when you crash. My last crash at La Junta knocked mine out of allignment pretty bad. What you need to do is loosen the axle and pinch bolts (at the bottom of the forks), then loosen the bolts on the lower triple tree. Sit on the bike and "bounce" on the bars, then re-tighten everything. As long as everything's still straight, your allignment will be fixed. Lemme know if you need a hand or have any questions. :)

yakuza
Mon Jun 28th, 2004, 10:27 AM
For possibly the first time ever, Hoopty is right. :up:

friscokidd
Mon Jun 28th, 2004, 10:41 AM

:lol: :lol:

Hoopty
Mon Jun 28th, 2004, 10:55 AM
:o :o :321:

bulldog
Mon Jun 28th, 2004, 02:01 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah he is. He did this to my bike and it worked :up:
Actually I guess it isn't surprising that he knew this. He wrecks more than all of us combines, so he should know how to fix things :D

Hoopty
Mon Jun 28th, 2004, 03:21 PM
:imwithstupid:

Mr. Turbo
Mon Jun 28th, 2004, 03:27 PM
I'll agree again with the "loosen the triple clamps/pinch bolts and bounce" alignment method. I had a nasty spill on my dirtbike up west of boulder and it made me think i had bent the forks. The "loosen and bounce" method worked juts fine

CHuck U Farley
Mon Jun 28th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys when i can get away from work and the road rash ill let you know. I think nothing major was f*cked up .

Hoopty
Tue Jun 29th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Road rash sucks. :cry:

CHuck U Farley
Sat Jul 3rd, 2004, 09:11 PM
Hoopty when does beer and pizza sound good to you sooner tha later i hope come o n over let me know or anyone else we can play with my toy bike.

Hoopty
Tue Jul 6th, 2004, 08:42 AM
I am busy Thursday (going to the track), but I'm free this week after work other than that. 8) We could even do it Thursday if you brought the bike to the track, it should only take 10 minutes or so.

CHuck U Farley
Wed Jul 7th, 2004, 02:56 PM
What time would you be done at the track thursday?

Hoopty
Wed Jul 7th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Probably 8-ish? :dunno: Pretty much whenever I get tired, or the sun goes down, whatever happens first. ;) I'll shoot you a PM.

CHuck U Farley
Sun Jul 11th, 2004, 09:14 PM
i rode the bike to the track at 35 went home at 65 and ordered a new handle bar you guys rock i love the club and dave u seem cool but damn your bike has been through hell.

Hoopty
Mon Jul 12th, 2004, 08:03 AM
What you talkin' 'bout, my bike has never been down! :lol: