PDA

View Full Version : Miller race day one

krod
Sat Aug 18th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Just talked to Bueller. He took 4th place in novice open class out of 15 or so riders , placed 6th in the colorado class and of course Dimmik is kicking every one's ass. Havn't got the results on the state shoot out yet. Good luck tommorow:up:

Bueller
Mon Aug 20th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Got home this morning @ 2:30am after dropping the Norwegian off in Ft. Fun.

Second day was a bit more challenging running the outer loop and both dirt sections. Didn't get much practice on the dirt before racing but I finally got my chicken shit ass to start doubling some of the jumps and clearing the tables, but the dirt sections still remained my weak spot.
The locals had the definite advantage of knowing the dirt. Krod you would have loved the big air or you would have crashed your shit hard like Dalton did, face planting off of a triple in qualifying.

My results Sunday weren't so good, same 6th for Colorado Class and due to a total fuck-tard local kid almost taking the entire field out in the first turn at the start (we had been warned of his riding technique) I lost a crap load of positions avoiding him and the bikes he slid into. I didn't even bother checking my finish but I am guessing 8th to 10th. (edit just looked it was 10th :( )

Colorado got edged out in the shootout with only Jeff Grace finishing Sunday in the middleweights ahead of the Utah rider. Jason Curran won the asphalt but I don't think that was in the shootout.

Bjorn (the Norwegian) took 2nd both days in the Vet/+30 class.

The track is amazing out there, on par with the entire facility and I will definitely be going back. They have another double header in October. :idea:

We talked to several of the locals, and may have convinced a few to come to the Junction race. One of the kids out there was giving Stuart a run, and then the 12 year old that was kicking some of our asses on a 85 SX, we will be hearing more from this kid. :yes: He ran Colorado class/asphalt only on a honda CRF250 that his dad had to hold up at the start, so they started him in the back of the grid but I think he ended up taking 2nd.

Overall it was a great weekend of racing and hanging out at Miller was great (except for that god awful wind), hopefully the include it again on next years schedule, and we get a few more participants, it is well worth the trip.

pilot
Mon Aug 20th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Nice write-up Dave.

Slo
Mon Aug 20th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Nice man.....

krod
Mon Aug 20th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Octorber sounds good(thats when things slow down at work):idea:... How's Dimmik did he get hurt? How did ya place in open class? BTW I set the record straight with Burned on SMJ:jerkoff:

Bueller
Mon Aug 20th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Dimmik raced one of his heats but I think he was pretty sore so they packed it up and went home, but he should be ok.

Open???

heading over to SMJ to checkit

Here is the vid I shot of Bjorn, shoulda had it on a tripod :oops:
Had to go at 2nd. call for Asphalt class.
This was Sat. Voodoo config. on track and west dirt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80e_1U-2C4k

krod
Mon Aug 20th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Dam, Bjorn almost had him in a couple of spots.

Bueller
Mon Aug 20th, 2007, 09:46 PM
He was leading from the start, got passed after a few laps. He said he tensed up too much and he was running out of motor on the straight, but geared too tall on the dirt. I was good on the straights but a little tall in the dirt too, made the short approach doubles interesting. Damn 4 speeds!

Bueller
Wed Aug 22nd, 2007, 07:41 PM
Pics of the weekend
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Miller%20Race%206%20and%207/

krod
Wed Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
WTF where has FILO been? Time to add another to the team....I took the weekend off for the next MMP race Let me know who's in:)

Bueller
Wed Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:39 PM
what is this filo you speak of?
got a new job today, more $ so I am looking good for making it as long as I gots my points.

Filo
Thu Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:33 AM
Fine, insult me. See if I care. I have been kinda busy. I should be back out there soon, except that I am going to Atlanta on Labor Day weekend and will miss that race too. I will make the final 2 though.

I need to get out there and ride. I also have some mods to do on the bike. Oh, and Dave, can I borrow a few bucks?

tarded400
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 10:24 AM
That track looks amazing... wish I had the ability to travel just for some practice laps. Looks like I'm married to IMI... do they ever open up the dirt section btw? Not that its anything to brag about....

Bueller
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 06:16 PM
You are much better off riding the dirt tracks than the dirt section, it is short and really sucks anyway. I might go up tomorrow to mainly practice dirt unless some one pipes up on the dirt thread.

tarded400
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Most of the jumps I found though were either long, huge MX jumps or really tight, steep 50 hills or something... had fun anyhow...

Bueller
Fri Aug 24th, 2007, 08:09 PM
The jumps at millier are on the big side and I need to get some more flight time in. I gotta get past my demons.

krod
Sat Aug 25th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Your flight time is not the problem it's the landings ya need to work on. :applause:

Bueller
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 01:17 PM
Here is the Miller track configuration we ran on the second day with both dirt sections.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4bj0zB8RLM

Can't wait to go back!

krod
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
You still planning on going in OCT?

Bueller
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:22 PM
I'll probably say i'm going and then change my mind at the last minute :slap:

krod
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:26 PM
:oops: Sorry Just did not want to fuck up anyone's bike. I do that enough to mine.

Bueller
Mon Sep 3rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
:lol: